Need Advice Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe8501

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Hey guys... it seems I'm getting residue left on the bodies from my transfer paper. Any good recommendations on how to get it off or for a good transfer paper that reduces residue left behind?
Thank you

@Lovestricken Not sure what hydro dip is bud. Transfer paper is a clear semi tacky sheet used to apply vinyl that i use to mask the inside of the body

Ok like window graphics. Tacky sheet with vinyl attached to it... If that is what you arr speaking of I cut the parts I need slightly larger so there is less glue in the area then when done I use rubbing alcohol to clean up before painting. If that is wrong I'm sorry if it is what you are speaking of hope it helps

Do you mean residue from the paper, or paint residue after painting?
Residue from the paper. I lay down a stencil with the transfer paper and there is almost a finger print left where the transfer paper was. I should have taken a pic.

I tried alcohol but I almost think that intensified the issue lol

Residue from the paper. I lay down a stencil with the transfer paper and there is almost a finger print left where the transfer paper was. I should have taken a pic.

I tried alcohol but I almost think that intensified the issue lol
OK. I thought you might have meant paint overspray. Cant really help you much its been years since I did any painting that custom. Sorry.

@Gabe8501 Are you just getting a haze or are there adhesive particles too?

If rubbing alcohol doesn't do the trick (test alcohol on similar paint before trying, rubbing alcohol and windex can accidentally remove latex and acrylic paints). Try a little olive oil, wipe clean, then clean surface again with soapy water, before applying any more paint.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back