Need an esc suggestion please 🙏

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveovington

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've recently bought an arrma mega 12t brushed motor and blew up my esc right away . I want to run 3s on it and was hoping someone could suggest a good esc that I won't turn to smoke with lol thanks

I've recently bought an arrma mega 12t brushed motor and blew up my esc right away . I want to run 3s on it and was hoping someone could suggest a good esc that I won't turn to smoke with lol thanks
Anything you need cheap!! https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-granite-3s-blx-ar102666
Screenshot_20231002_120314_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231002_120357_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231002_120342_Samsung Internet.jpg

You need these to go 3s on a mega truck.

like mentioned, you gotta go brushless. 3s on teh stck brushed motor will kill it FAST. gotta spend that cash, it will be worth it though.

Which RC is it?
I've put it into my gatekeeper to rip and jump it instead of crawling with it lol I've set up a nice crawler and now I want to make something faster than that but I've gotten rid of my 2s battery. Thinking I might just get a 2s battery again and try it that way

The 12t brushed motor barely handles 2s it will let out the magic smoke on 3s.

But if you are adamant about staying brushed get a Hobbywing 1060 esc it will handle 3s all day and not even break a sweat. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1245377904...gH8wY9CSNK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I thought the 1060 was a brushless esc . And I've got a new brushless esc for my brushless motor coming , I just want to play with what I have or can get my hands on quicker lol 😆

I thought the 1060 was a brushless esc . And I've got a new brushless esc for my brushless motor coming , I just want to play with what I have or can get my hands on quicker lol 😆

The 10bl60 is brushless the 1060 is brushed.

The 12t brushed motor barely handles 2s it will let out the magic smoke on 3s.

But if you are adamant about staying brushed get a Hobbywing 1060 esc it will handle 3s all day and not even break a sweat. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1245377904...gH8wY9CSNK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I run 3s on a Brushed ISDT 70 amp ESC. ESC Literally runs cold all the time. They now also have a 90 amp version. Probably the better choice for a heavier 4x4 rig. IMHO the adjustability is second to none as Brushed ESC's go. The brushed motor however not so much. Will run hot. If running brushed with 3s packs, it can be done as long as you don't run a very Low Hot wind. And gear it properly. Brushed motors are expendable anyway. Just Plan on replacing them more often than BLX ones. This is just normal. Brushed motors can perform well with 3s packs. Just don't get upset when the motor's brush's don't last long.
I always prefer and use "Rebuildable" Brushed motors for this reason. Just change out the brush's and you are rolling again. The best way to run brushed electric motors.

https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-Electronic-Controller-Waterproof-Crawler(/dp/B0BTYH5975/ref=asc_df_B09J4X83CJ?tag=bngsmtphsnus-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79989594180789&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589118380266&th=1
There is a learning curve to setting up these ISDT ESC's, that's all. BT App controlled. Don't let the cheap price fool you. Mine really performs well. And ISDT designs all their electrics well. Chargers and all. If you like to tinker with settings and APPs, this ESC is for you. Not for the faint of heart. But can Crawl or Bash with this ESC. Mine is in a RWD TA Truggy.
The HW 1060 stated above is the king however. Most go with that, or the Higher amp version.

Last edited:
I got the 1060 and used my gt5 controller to set the dr setting down for rhe throttle and just went up after every couple of laps and added a fan to the motor and its running cold now , everything is surprisingly to me after all thats been said about them. Oh I also took out my larger 3s battery amd put in a smaller one with less discharge rating so I'm thinking that was helpful too. Thanks for all the info though, very helpful .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back