Need help with 6s Basher Queen servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
How tight should it be? I tightened it down about halfway but am having trouble with my steering…

Ah, servo savers.........my knowledge "black hole" in the RC realm. I know the theory and function but couldn't begin to tell you the finer points of adjustment.
I'll wait patiently here for the mavens to chime in.

cheers,
kev

I know it’s a wide general what the heck question. I’ll pull it apart. I’m just trying to figure out how tight generally do you tighten the servo saver? Is every car different or is there a general tightness. I did it about halfway tight and perhaps that’s not enough?

I’ll pull it apart between tonight and tomorrow and formulate my question a bit better 🤪

Every car is different, but it usually only takes a couple of turns. Tighten it up until it doesn't disengage the saver on grass or carpet, and try it. If you still are understeering, tighten it up a half to one turn and repeat until your understeer goes away. If you overtighten it, the truck will drive fine, but you won't save your servo in a tumble, so there is a maximum there somewhere.

I took it apart, tested and the servo is fried. Now I just need to figure out why so doesn’t happen again.
After reading the above comments I think I may have had it to tight. Not sure but I’ll start over with it and be more careful. Thanks guys!

Any resistance when turning the steering linkage with the servo disconnected?
Nope. Checked it all out. I tightened the Servo Saver down halfway right off the bat. I should’ve done a bit more research. I also found I hadn’t tighten down one of the screws or it came loose and was catching putting extra stress on the Servo.

I’m going to figure out what I’m doing using the s652 servo that it came with originally. Once I get it down and working I’ll get some thing higher quality. Pretty sure I killed this eco boost servo…

Nope. Checked it all out. I tightened the Servo Saver down halfway right off the bat. I should’ve done a bit more research. I also found I hadn’t tighten down one of the screws or it came loose and was catching putting extra stress on the Servo.

I’m going to figure out what I’m doing using the s652 servo that it came with originally. Once I get it down and working I’ll get some thing higher quality. Pretty sure I killed this eco boost servo…
That Ecoboost is stout. I've only killed one by getting it wet. The exception would be if you had some binding (maybe if it was over tightened to the point the steering wouldn't move freely?). Make sure you have AVS or gyro turned off.

You did calibrate and set your end points right?

That Ecoboost is stout. I've only killed one by getting it wet. The exception would be if you had some binding (maybe if it was over tightened to the point the steering wouldn't move freely?). Make sure you have AVS or gyro turned off.

You did calibrate and set your end points right?
I did set end points but don’t know what I’m doing with 6s steering assembly/set up yet 😂 I’m learning as I work on it though. I’ll be taking all apart and carefully reassemble it. Will try with the old servo till I get it right. Thanks man!

I did set end points but don’t know what I’m doing with 6s steering assembly/set up yet 😂 I’m learning as I work on it though. I’ll be taking all apart and carefully reassemble it. Will try with the old servo till I get it right. Thanks man!
I am just glad you are running a bit ahead of my Notorious rebuild. Just got my 3DRC neon yellow wing mounts and bumper spring! :D I also have the BasherQueen servo saver kit ready to go into it. Might have to put it in the boy's KEXB - but I have a lot more work to do on his. KEXB needs a rebuild. He shredded the out drives.

Okay… I probably broke the servo by shorting it out. After I started taking the front apart I realized I had pinched the wire enough to expose two wires. Matter fact I did all the wire running poorly so I’m redoing it all slowly and carefully. I ordered a new servo and will install it carefully. I’ll start with it about a quarter tight this time.
Live, break and learn.

Okay… I probably broke the servo by shorting it out. After I started taking the front apart I realized I had pinched the wire enough to expose two wires. Matter fact I did all the wire running poorly so I’m redoing it all slowly and carefully. I ordered a new servo and will install it carefully. I’ll start with it about a quarter tight this time.
Live, break and learn.

Bummer but better to figure it out now than later if it could short and kill the receiver.

Bummer but better to figure it out now than later if it could short and kill the receiver.
Yeah that would suck. I’ll get it set up much better now that I know the car more. I’ll also reinforce some wires with PET sleeve. Just waiting for a couple of things to get in and I will finish it up.

Meanwhile, my wife surprised me and ordered something else last night. Appears there’s quite a few Arrma deals popping up on Amazon 😍

Live, break and learn.
here I am a year later, did the exact same thing. Right where the wires came out of the servo was higher than the factory location and they got torn though on the mount.

here I am a year later, did the exact same thing. Right where the wires came out of the servo was higher than the factory location and they got torn though on the mount.
Yup, I’ve been super careful since with all my wires lol.

I went with a reefs triple 4 the second time around. The wires come out low on the servo so it fit well! I could've used a Dremel on the mount and made room had I gone with a different servo.
I’m looking for a good servo for my Kraton currently. What do you have the reefs in?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back