Outcast new 8s roller build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARA8611V5

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Typhon 6s
I am going to start my new build today when fedex arrives. Pulling the vtrigger a little early. Here is what I have so far.

DSC_0157.jpg

I received the rolling chassis today and I took a few pictures of me putting it together in reverse for new M2C stuff Monday.

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

I need to replace this plastic steering stuff with M2C parts.
I ordered 7mm shock shaft kits to replace the 5mm shafts.
And last but not least a new M2C chassis to replace the stock one.

Attachments

• DSC_0174.jpg
    DSC_0174.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0176.jpg
    DSC_0176.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0179.jpg
    DSC_0179.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0180.jpg
    DSC_0180.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 26
My standard EXB shocks have been fine on my Kraton, but on my RTR Outcast I did bend 3 of the 4 shock shafts and switched to the 7mm kit from M2C and they are MONSTERS! Great looking build with some top notch parts so far.

My standard EXB shocks have been fine on my Kraton, but on my RTR Outcast I did bend 3 of the 4 shock shafts and switched to the 7mm kit from M2C and they are MONSTERS! Great looking build with some top notch parts so far.
I bent some EXB ones from bad landings. I also ordered the M2C shock kits but they didn't show up today 🤨

I finished the shock teardown today. Notice my high dollar shock holder in one of the pics. I also put a 6s M2C Notorious chassis over the top of the EXB 8s Outcast chassis for comparison.

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

Thanks for cluing me in on the Vitavon steering setup. I was not happy with the factory steering servo setup. I think this one is much better. I ordered one today.
No worries 🤙🏼 made a huge difference! 👍🏼😎

I received my M2C parts today. Started rebuilding my shocks with the new 7mm shafts. You have to use your existing pistons for the shocks with lock nuts.

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

I received my M2C parts today. Started rebuilding my shocks with the new 7mm shafts. You have to use your existing pistons for the shocks with lock nuts.

View attachment 310673

View attachment 310674

View attachment 310675

View attachment 310676

View attachment 310677
🤣..I'm doing the same thing except I got the wrong kit. I got the blx instead of exb so the shock rod ends are wrong. Got all the way to the end of the upgrade before I realized the ends won't fit in the exb spring basket/thingy. I've already emailed them and asked if I could exchange ends and cover the difference 🤦🏻‍♂️

🤣..I'm doing the same thing except I got the wrong kit. I got the blx instead of exb so the shock rod ends are wrong. Got all the way to the end of the upgrade before I realized the ends won't fit in the exb spring basket/thingy. I've already emailed them and asked if I could exchange ends and cover the difference 🤦🏻‍♂️
Bummer, hopefully they take care of ya.
I’ve had mixed results with them. One time they told me to basically kick rocks and other times they sent me what I asked for. 🤷‍♂️

My batteries are too long so I am going to have to cut one end of the battery trays for the cables.

My batteries are too long so I am going to have to cut one end of the battery trays for the cables.
Did you them adjust them all the way out? You can take a couple screws out and reposition the back half to get a little extra.
Bummer, hopefully they take care of ya.
I’ve had mixed results with them. One time they told me to basically kick rocks and other times they sent me what I asked for. 🤷‍♂️
We'll see. It was my fault..🙄

They are adjusted all the way back. To get enough clearance they hit the rear suspension arms. 9500 mAh, 90c continuous with 180c burst. CNHL brand.

They are adjusted all the way back. To get enough clearance they hit the rear suspension arms. 9500 mAh, 90c continuous with 180c burst. CNHL brand.
I designed trays that provide an extra 10mm of clearance. They use up some of the dead space in front of the trays.

Message me if you need some.

1689047455736.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back