Outcast new 8s roller build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed the motor.Now I am waiting for the shock oil to arrive today so I can refill them.

DSC_0223.jpg

So I put the shock oil in today. I used Losi Team Racing oil. 60wt for the front (810cst) and 70wt for the rear (910cst) on the 8 hole pistons that came stock with the EXB roller. They had 3 sets, I used the 1.5mm holes. It also comes with a set of 1.4mm and no hole pistons. Stock shock fluid was 700 cst per Arrma owner manual. I took a picture of my other high dollar shock holder too.

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

So I put the shock oil in today. I used Losi Team Racing oil. 60wt for the front (810cst) and 70wt for the rear (910cst) on the 8 hole pistons that came stock with the EXB roller. They had 3 sets, I used the 1.5mm holes. It also comes with a set of 1.4mm and no hole pistons. Stock shock fluid was 700 cst per Arrma owner manual. I took a picture of my other high dollar shock holder too.

View attachment 310981

View attachment 310982

View attachment 310983

View attachment 310984

View attachment 310985

View attachment 310986

View attachment 310987
Lookin good bro! 👍🏼 I have to take my K8S shocks off and take them back apart. I put the the damn washer on the wrong side of the piston 🤦🏻‍♂️

Shock oil weight seems a bit high to me, but different strokes for different folks! Looking good brother!
What do you run??

And are you running any shock upgrades?

What do you run??

And are you running any shock upgrades?

I run 30 front, 35 rear. On my Outcast I also have the 7mm conversion. On my Kraton EXB I haven’t bent a shaft yet so I just swapped fluids. I think I have a front 7mm kit for it but haven’t bothered to put it on.

I run 30 front, 35 rear. On my Outcast I also have the 7mm conversion. On my Kraton EXB I haven’t bent a shaft yet so I just swapped fluids. I think I have a front 7mm kit for it but haven’t bothered to put it on.
I went thick when I first got mine. But I'm going with 30-40 now. Thanks!

Shock oil weight seems a bit high to me, but different strokes for different folks! Looking good brother!
I am pushing over 28 pounds with batteries and that does not include a few other parts I have ordered. It is a heavy monster.

I did some work on the ESC mounting today. The Vitavon servo mount I ordered had a carbon fiber one that was real nice. Holes are not drilled to fit my XLX2 properly. I made my own out of some surplus plastic I had lying around the house. It is probably not as strong as carbon fiber but the weight is similar. I will see how it holds up.

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

It is probably not as strong as carbon fiber but the weight is similar. I will see how it holds up.
If not that carbon fiber one has slots that I ran zip ties through.

If not that carbon fiber one has slots that I ran zip ties through.
Sounds good. I just noticed it interferes with the front brace assy so I am going to have to start over. Bummer.

Kudos to dure16 for hooking me up with battery trays that allow me to use my 180mm long batteries. I started soldering the QS8 plugs but melted part of the plastic on the first one I did. Now the protective cover for the terminals will not fit. I had to order a new one today. I think I will have it operational early next week when I get the part.

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

Kudos to dure16 for hooking me up with battery trays that allow me to use my 180mm long batteries. I started soldering the QS8 plugs but melted part of the plastic on the first one I did. Now the protective cover for the terminals will not fit. I had to order a new one today. I think I will have it operational early next week when I get the part.

View attachment 312442

View attachment 312443

View attachment 312444

View attachment 312445
That truck is coming together nicely!

OK today I finally have it ready to run. Did the binding on receiver and calibrated the ESC. Had trouble charging the batteries at first but I had a bigger power supply laying around and that worked out good. I went from 12 to 16 VDC on my charger input. Now it is 106 F outside so I think I will wait until morning to run.

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

Ran today for about 10 minutes. Nothing crazy, just a little break in. Ambient temp 86-91 F. Motor temp after run 116 F. 32 tooth pinion with stock spur gear. 48MPH peak speed per SKY RC GSM-015. On grass field mostly level. Still had 15.9VDC on both batteries. Had throttle limited to 75%. Did full throttle from dead stop on asphalt and it back flipped onto top. Still wraps grass around rear axles in grass just like the 6s Notorious I have before installing RPM guards for the rear. Overall, I am happy with the performance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back