Gorgon New arrma Gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they fix it soon. I just tried to reply to a post with a pic and comment but couldn't, so why bother replying?
Does it give you an error or just time out? You are on a pc I am assuming? What happens if you copy and paste the photo into the reply box instead of attaching it using the attach files button?

-edit- Just so we don't derail this thread I'll start a new one. Lets move this convo here https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/issues-uploading-pictures.65408/

Last edited:
Tires have no foams. Thats a let down for anyone wanting them
Esc makes funny noises at powerup XD
At that price point that doesn't surprise me one bit.

-edit- eesh that tranny sounds rough.

Last edited:
Arrma should eliminate brushed motors like the T brand is doing. Brushed wears out so quickly with anything outside of a crawler. Brushless near comparable to the power of brushed. Am I wrong to say that?

Arrma should eliminate brushed motors like the T brand is doing. Brushed wears out so quickly with anything outside of a crawler. Brushless near comparable to the power of brushed. Am I wrong to say that?
They most likely do not have the electronics for. They should have been the first brand to do it. We cant rag on traxxas too much now.

This is an entry level car. That is what brushed is for. It is one step above toy grade.
Yes but with today's technology brushless motors are down to near the cost of a brushed motor and the same goes for speed controls. This day in age it make no sense to continue to use brushed motors in anything other than a crawler.

Yes but with today's technology brushless motors are down to near the cost of a brushed motor and the same goes for speed controls. This day in age it make no sense to continue to use brushed motors in anything other than a crawler.
It makes lot's of cents, even dollars. Literally!
When you are making thousands of these vehicles and can save 10$ or 20$ on each with a brushed version of a motor/ESC, that is quite a bit of money to save.
Everything I have seen says brushed motors and ESC's are still way less expensive to manufactures than brushless and that is why they use them in cheap entry level's.
I have also seen that good brushless ESC's are just as good at controlling a brushless motor, even in slow mode, than a brushed making that old notion of "brushed are better for crawlers" irrelevant.

Last edited:
Spongebob Squarepants Money GIF

I would bet that it is still much cheaper to make a brushed motor. And a brushed ESC.

It makes lot's of cents, even dollars. Literally!
When you are making thousands of these vehicles and can save 10$ or 20$ on each with a brushed version of a motor/ESC, that is quite a bit of money to save.
Everything I have seen says brushed motors and ESC's are still way less expensive to manufactures than brushless and that is why they use them in cheap entry level's.
I have also seen that good brushless ESC's are just as good at controlling a brushless motor, even in slow mode, than a brushed making that old notion of "brushed are better for crawlers" irrelevant.

Must not cost too much more if Traxxas can make the brushed Stampede 4x4 brushless, add in a bunch of upgrade parts over the old model and have it still cost the same price.

Stampede 4x4 BLS Brushless $329.99 https://traxxas.com/products/landing/stampede-4x4-bl-2s/

Stampede 4x4 Brushed original sticker price $329.99 on sale for $299.99 last one could find brand new in box https://excelrc.com/products/traxxas-67054-1-blk-stampede-r-4x4-110-scale-4wd-monster-truck?variant=37534749196475&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Main Multifeed Online&utm_content=Traxxas 67054-1-BLK Stampede® 4X4: 110-scale 4WD Monster Truck&srsltid=AfmBOoo0P_OAkTMZhGOYXurOjxrwryKWNUZrHvfpVl5M-1tM0ds8Ud1tEN4

🤷‍♂️

And for Arrma to drop the 4s Mojave same week Gorgon goes into stock. All those Gorgon pre orders are shipping & folks are looking at the pre order for the new Mojave now. What a odd marketing move. Folks will get the Gorgon see it needs brushless & no foam in tires & wished they got a new 4s Mojave. But I still like the style of the Gorgon even if it's brushed & 2wd.

Back