Gorgon New arrma Gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132950557854

Looks like you need a Redcat style motor. You can find ones with the wires coming out the rear from many retailers but here is an example.

Has the 3.175mm shaft as well so no need to purchase a new pinion.
This is literally what I was going to suggest I have that motor but in the 3800kv in my Holeshot. So this x2 ^

Got my Gorgon today, had some fun in the yard but of course wanted to upgrade to brushless right away. Grabbed a mild motor from the bin but WHOA, the Gorgon has a very tight cylindrical spot for the motor. I've only ever seen designs like this on Tamiyas. So, nothing can stick out of the motor, like brushless motor wires.

I guess I could get a Tamiya Brushless motor because those have motor wires in the back of the can, not sticking out of the body of the can, so that motor will fit.

Anyone found any creative solutions yet? Or has anyone hacked their chassis? I'd like to see pics if so.

For now, I upgraded to a 3s brushed ESC and I'm running on a 3s lipo. That gave me the immediate power boost I wanted. Now it will wheelie pretty nicely, but only when you really try.
Try using a longer can motor. I plan on slapping in either a 3670 or a 3674 motor and watch them rear tires burn rubber all over the parking lots! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Find out what this guy put in it.

From the looks of it with it being able to handle the 3S-4S power.. But just can't put it all down without flipping backwards...

Someone needs to come up with a wheelie bar for this thing ,ASAP!

And some rear body protectors/skids while they're at it!!

From the looks of it with it being able to handle the 3S-4S power.. But just can't put it all down without flipping backwards...

They offer a wheelie bar. Its a must to get it

And some rear body protectors/skids while they're at it!!
The wheelie bar is an optional part, looks like the wheelie bar off the granite.

Nah this thing amazing. My brother will get one for xmas
he points out the weird screw holes on the side maybe we will get an arrma raider out of it?!
“This thing smell time to yeet it, YEET”
That thing is amazing, for what it is,...I just got a Vorteks, and I got two of these for the kids, but now I think I'll get the Mrs one too (Code for 'It's mine' ) :ROFLMAO:

I have to say, even though I’ve got every RC under the sun (and then some), this thing is pretty fun for such a low price.

Obviously it’s slow and stuff, but personally I bet they had some TLR designers involved to setup the suspension and driveability to make a HCG 2wd truck actually drive well. Most everything else just drives like crap (see Stampede 2wd).

I have to say, even though I’ve got every RC under the sun (and then some), this thing is pretty fun for such a low price.

Obviously it’s slow and stuff, but personally I bet they had some TLR designers involved to setup the suspension and driveability to make a HCG 2wd truck actually drive well. Most everything else just drives like crap (see Stampede 2wd).
Does look fun in the vids I've watched. Slow, yep. I have many RCs too but never a Traxxas. BTW what does HCG & LCG mean? I'm not a noob but I've never heard that. Is it the wheelbase?

Does look fun in the vids I've watched. Slow, yep. I have many RCs too but never a Traxxas. BTW what does HCG & LCG mean? I'm not a noob but I've never heard that. Is it the wheelbase?

HCG = High Center of Gravity
LCG = Low Center of Gravity

Back