Vendetta New Arrma Speedrunner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason5778

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
IMG_1370.jpeg
IMG_1371.jpeg
IMG_1372.jpeg
IMG_1373.jpeg
IMG_1375.jpeg

So this basically like 1/8-1/7th scale Arrma built from the Mojave 4’s chassis, Typhon 3’s suspension & rear shock tower and the Vendetta front splitter and front shock tower. I originally built it as a stretched Typhon 3’s and got 117mph. Plans are to go 150mph plus. Electronics will be a Castle XLX2 paired with a TP4070 3200kv for now. I’ll probably start out with 3’s and 4’s first, then eventually 6’s. It now has a Delta Plastics FC100 360-400mm 1/8-1/7th body

Thank you. I can’t wait for some warm weather to go run it, but this gives me some much needed shop time to work on my rigs
Looking beeeeeutiful 😁👍 any plans on getting different wheels ,like GRP 🤔 you'll need them to hit that 150 .hoons won't hold up at them speeds .

View attachment 345299View attachment 345300View attachment 345301View attachment 345302View attachment 345303
So this basically like 1/8-1/7th scale Arrma built from the Mojave 4’s chassis, Typhon 3’s suspension & rear shock tower and the Vendetta front splitter and front shock tower. I originally built it as a stretched Typhon 3’s and got 117mph. Plans are to go 150mph plus. Electronics will be a Castle XLX2 paired with a TP4070 3200kv for now. I’ll probably start out with 3’s and 4’s first, then eventually 6’s. It now has a Delta Plastics FC100 360-400mm 1/8-1/7th body
Im curious on how well only one body clip will work at the speeds you want to accomplish..two body supports should be upfront and also in the rear.right now only the front middle is supported and not the sides .you need even support.id change that if I were you .take your finger and press down on the cover over one of your wheels .I bet the other side will lift ..this isnt good for speed running

Im curious on how well only one body clip will work at the speeds you want to accomplish..two body supports should be upfront and also in the rear.right now only the front middle is supported and not the sides .you need even support.id change that if I were you .take your finger and press down on the cover over one of your wheels .I bet the other side will lift ..this isnt good for speed running
It works for James McCoy and he holds the world fastest rc car at 222mph
Looking beeeeeutiful 😁👍 any plans on getting different wheels ,like GRP 🤔 you'll need them to hit that 150 .hoons won't hold up at them speeds .
Ya, I have some foams and some grp’s. I did hit 139mph with my dual motor limitless. Surprised me the held

I also have a splitter I made today that goes to the edge of the body so I can tape it down. I made it out of plastic I got from Menards but plan on making it out of aluminum or carbon fiber

I also have a splitter I made today that goes to the edge of the body so I can tape it down. I made it out of plastic I got from Menards but plan on making it out of aluminum or carbon fiber
Sweet deal..I'd go for carbon for its strength and very light compared to aluminum..I have a aluminum splitter on my 8s infraction and it's heavy .I have a carbon splitter on my Big papa long Rock speedster and it's lighter and I feel it diverts the air flow better . maybey because it's thinner than aluminium🤷 either way I love them both..and as for some good ole duct tape is a must to keep the body sides and front from flapping around 👍

IMG_20231123_184708360.jpg

Sweet deal..I'd go for carbon for its strength and very light compared to aluminum..I have a aluminum splitter on my 8s infraction and it's heavy .I have a carbon splitter on my Big papa long Rock speedster and it's lighter and I feel it diverts the air flow better . maybey because it's thinner than aluminium🤷 either way I love them both..and as for some good ole duct tape is a must to keep the body sides and front from flapping around 👍

View attachment 345371
IMG_1376.jpeg
IMG_1377.jpeg

Those are some sweet rigs. That custom one looks very interesting and fast. I got to order some carbon fiber sheet. What’s a good thickness? This is my splitter for now plus it’s a good template.

View attachment 345373View attachment 345374
Those are some sweet rigs. That custom one looks very interesting and fast. I got to order some carbon fiber sheet. What’s a good thickness? This is my splitter for now plus it’s a good template.
Thank you..I'm not exactly sure but the carbon fiber on my Big papa long Rock I believe 3mm 🤷 .I know the aluminum one on my infraction is thicker . I'd have to dig out my micrometer and measure them
Are you currently using a slipper clutch ? Or did you lock it? On my speedster build the slipper clutch is eliminated..I made a spool .speed running doesn't require a slipper clutch ..I like your splitter .if it does the job then it's all good

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you..I'm not exactly sure but the carbon fiber on my Big papa long Rock I believe 3mm 🤷 .I know the aluminum one on my infraction is thicker . I'd have to dig out my micrometer and measure them
Are you currently using a slipper clutch ? Or did you lock it? On my speedster build the slipper clutch is eliminated..I made a spool .speed running doesn't require a slipper clutch ..I like your splitter .if it does the job then it's all good
I was thinking 3mm would be a good start. I’m using a cheap eBay spool. They work great, there cheap, you can buy about any style Revo spur gear for them and there not sloppy.
Some folks to get to know on here is @K-BASH and @vwturbowolf
Check em out on the tube. Two of the fastested guys ive seen on the vendetta/4x4 platform.

I’m subscribed to both of there channels and have messaged back and forth with K-Bash on here. Both guys are great speed runners and build some awesome rigs.

Last edited:
View attachment 345299View attachment 345300View attachment 345301View attachment 345302View attachment 345303
Solid body choice. It’ll do great.
The vendetta platform is fun but it has its issues in the center driveline.
I’ve got many runs over 160+ mph but after i hit 170+ the car was blowing parts to pieces every run.
The best thing I did to rebuild it was to set it up as a 4s car with less weight and run more efficient.
I think your plan to run 4s with that 3200kv 4070 is a great idea, then go 6s after that. Good luck !!

Solid body choice. It’ll do great.
The vendetta platform is fun but it has its issues in the center driveline.
I’ve got many runs over 160+ mph but after i hit 170+ the car was blowing parts to pieces every run.
The best thing I did to rebuild it was to set it up as a 4s car with less weight and run more efficient.
I think your plan to run 4s with that 3200kv 4070 is a great idea, then go 6s after that. Good luck
Thank you. I’ve definitely watched a lot of your speedruns and subscribed to your channel. Your 4’s 163mph run definitely wants me to push mine harder. Hopefully I can get up to your speeds sooner or later. I’ve had my actual Vendetta up to 134mph on 4’s and 142mph on 6’s with an old basher pack. This car did great as a stretched Typhon, but after running my Vendetta I wanted a bigger gt style car. I didn’t want the normal limitless so I came up with this creation. I’m hoping for good things out of it.

I was thinking 3mm would be a good start. I’m using a cheap eBay spool. They work great, there cheap, you can buy about any style Revo spur gear for them and there not sloppy.

I’m subscribed to both of there channels and have messaged back and forth with K-Bash on here. Both guys are great speed runners and build some awesome rigs.
I'm a big fan of that 1/8 fc100 body,got 2 of them,I now have every fc100 body offered..325mm 1/8,360mm 1/8,1/7, an detta fc100..only 4 I'm aware they make besides the wider felony 1/7.

Back