New scorched diff/ bulkhead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just so confused on where this came from. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Toy grade rcā€™s here I come šŸ§

I just donā€™t understand the hostility lol

I am just so confused on where this came from. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Toy grade rcā€™s here I come šŸ§

I just donā€™t understand the hostility lol
No hostility intended. @Garcbomber is just a little grumpy today. Your build is going very well. Do NOT go back to ā€œtoy gradeā€ RCā€™s. šŸ˜Š

Looking at that hole, my guess is that they opted to daylight it out the end, and then run the tap for the length of the screw which they assumed is being used. I would much rather daylight holes in production than fool with blind holes for tapping. It's gonna clear chips better and less chance of snapping a tap off in the part. I don't think it's a manufacturing error, just their way of approaching the setup. That's just my guess.

Please stick to toy grade RCs šŸ˜œ

Pecking operation went a little deep drilling, follow it with a tap and let the screw end contain the bearing.

View attachment 357771
I don't know what kind of tolerances you're experiencing with yours but, mine's tighter than a frog's [redacted]. I have to Jeremy Clarkson my bearings out of the housing, no extra securing is needed (or desired for that matter). And even if that weren't the case, it's being held in place by the pinion gear and even if the drive cup were to vacate the premises entirely, there an entire diff and housing in the way of anything, you know, leaving. But if the added security gives you a better feeling then by all means, have at it. :)

I don't know what kind of tolerances you're experiencing with yours but, mine's tighter than a frog's [redacted]. I have to Jeremy Clarkson my bearings out of the housing, no extra securing is needed (or desired for that matter). And even if that weren't the case, it's being held in place by the pinion gear and even if the drive cup were to vacate the premises entirely, there an entire diff and housing in the way of anything, you know, leaving. But if the added security gives you a better feeling then by all means, have at it. :)
Yes mines is tighter then a virgin. I had to order a little hobby 1oz hammer. To beat it out. Im actually wondering if they used bearing retainer itā€™s that tight. Lol

Yes mines is tighter then a virgin. I had to order a little hobby 1oz hammer. To beat it out. Im actually wondering if they used bearing retainer itā€™s that tight. Lol
HEAT housing when removing bearings.
Heat housing and freezer chill bearings when assembling.

Very old school trick & it Works !!

Back