New ESC - how to connect motor? Soldering questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCAlex

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I just picked up a Hobbystar V2 ESC from someone on this forum to replace my dead ESC. I noticed the motor cables that come with the ESC are bullet connectors...
What's the best way to connect to the motor cables? Do I clip off the existing motor bullets and solder in-line?
Any pics or tips will help! Thanks!

I guess I don’t fully understand your question, as there should be no need to do this. (Solder in-line, etc.) The motor cables are always female bullets on an ESC, unless it has the solder connections to tabs, like Castle motors do. Solder the appropriately sized male bullets on your motor wires and plug them in to the female bullet receptacles on the ESC.
If you have different sized bullet connectors already on your current motor, you can get adapter cables. Here is an example:
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/product-page/6-5mm-male-to-4mm-female-motor-wire-adapter
Be very careful in choosing to cut your motor wires. Some are coated strands (the actual windings) that can not be re-soldered. It’s possible to de-solder the bullets and put different ones on, and is much safer than cutting the old ones off in this situation.
Pictures and motor info would help to instantly answer the question for your particular setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back