Limitless New guy here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronass

Reaction score
Hello all. So this is my first arrma and first street car. Looking forward to it actually. I just think I need help with one thing. Transmitter. Lol. I have a 3pv which is great for a basher but what about long range. Would like some hands on experience. Lol. Thanks

IMG_6185.jpeg

New to this forum also.

Welcome to the Arrma forums. I'm sure other speed runners will chime in on the transmitter options.

Welcome! Radiolink RC6GS has the best range out of the box, and a decent dual antenna receiver with built in gyro as well. Or spend $$$ on a Futaba or Noble NB4 and install a range booster. Noble has the benefit of having a Perfect Pass style throttle ramp built in, but you’ll still need a range booster.

U guys don’t use gyros on speed cars thou do ya
And I was looking at the 4pm I just love my 3pv and don’t wanna retire it. Lol. Plus I would only use it for this limitless. Seen the r6 almost bought it but came here first lol

Welcome aboard!! 😁 ✌️

U guys don’t use gyros on speed cars thou do ya
And I was looking at the 4pm I just love my 3pv and don’t wanna retire it. Lol. Plus I would only use it for this limitless. Seen the r6 almost bought it but came here first lol
Futabas are great, I understand your allegiance, but I prefer my RL to my 3PV all day long, and the Radiolink has almost literally twice the range. Many speed runners use a gyro on a very low percentage, 10-15%. Generally use the highest setting you can without inducing a weave. If you don’t want to use one, you don’t have to. It’s best to get your setup dialed in without one.

Ok. I will order the r6 v2 right now. 90 bucks on Amazon. Thanks
You really can’t beat them for anywhere close to the money. You’ll enjoy it, although it does not have the “cool factor” of the Futabas. The Radiolinks look and feel a little cheap, but perform extremely well.

Ok. I will order the r6 v2 right now. 90 bucks on Amazon. Thanks
This one correct
Go for the V3 if they have any. There are a couple of good updates. But I do have the V2 and like it a lot.

Welcome. Speed running is a rush. Congratulations!

Radiolink for the win!!!! I don't gyro or PP but I don't go that fast either lol. I highly recommend starting out on 3 or 4s to get the car tuned and you will be surprised how fast 4s can be.

Full futaba set up on all 3 of my speedrunners (10px, gyro, servos, tele) and no problem with distance without a booster. AFAIK, most speedrunners are using gyros. I have mine set at 30-35

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back