Infraction Brand New Perfect Pass Arrma CF chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edited to bit a bit less snarky.
He’s great at marketing. And in light of the issues going on in his region, I’m glad he’s ok.
The Scorched full length chassis has always afforded these options and opportunities without a fully pre-Swiss cheesed chassis. I guess these are marketed for guys who can‘t figure out their own setup, or drill holes in carbon fibre. Which is weird to me if you’re doing a scratch build at this level. And if you’ve followed his recent updates on YT, or checked out his new website, you can see that he has also pirated David’s Scorched Trident front shafts and is now offering them in his PP carbon center shaft options. Which I’m sure is freaking awesome. Maybe that was the product he needed “permission“ to build in his prior YT vid, but didn’t he say that was a chassis?
I’ve been waiting for someone here on the forum to bring that up, but I guess I’ll be your Huckleberry...
Raz has done some great stuff, and made some great products. I think David should have patented his Trident front shafts. If he didn’t, then I guess it’s fair game.
But I do find it a bit irritating that Raz is seemingly now taking credit for these “breakthroughs” in the RC community that Scorched Products pioneered over a year ago and broke world records with.
Anybody paying attention lately knows what’s up.
I’m not saying Raz doesn’t make some great products under his Perfect Pass shingle, but to market it all as though it’s been his ideas and R&D, and listening to the wishes and suggestions of his followers is really turning me off right now.
I really wanted to order more of his stuff when it came back in stock, but I
might not be doing that now.

Last edited:
That hump section on the back still seems odd. Looking at the underside, why is it needed?
Still waiting on someone to release a product that blocks the holes in the bottom of the chassis for aero.
I’ll be your Huckleberry
Like just for that.

Still waiting on someone to release a product that blocks the holes in the bottom of the chassis for aero.
The best ones so far (by a long shot) are the full length Scorched chassis. Minimal holes, flat bottom. That approach greatly increases the effectiveness of the rear diffuser and provides potentially fantastic aero.

I don't know the politics behind the scenes on the driveshafts. I guess I like a good bit of gossip enough to wonder what is going on there.
I know there was a little bit of a buzz recently about a well known reseller copying Raz's batwing and selling those. But it was a blatant copy down to putting Raz's name on it. All comments relating to that allegation were quickly deleted. So I know Raz would be sensitive to copying someone else's design. But - he's also in business to make money. And to your point, if its not a patented design - its not really 'wrong'. But its all speculative without one of them chiming in.

Personally, I buy what I think is the best part that fits my needs. My dual GT runs all scorched driveshafts and CVs. But I am working on an open wheel 2028 1700kv build and was definitely considering the perfect pass version of the trident shafts for it.

I don't know the politics behind the scenes on the driveshafts. I guess I like a good bit of gossip enough to wonder what is going on there.
I know there was a little bit of a buzz recently about a well known reseller copying Raz's batwing and selling those. But it was a blatant copy down to putting Raz's name on it. All comments relating to that allegation were quickly deleted. So I know Raz would be sensitive to copying someone else's design. But - he's also in business to make money. And to your point, if its not a patented design - its not really 'wrong'. But its all speculative without one of them chiming in.

Personally, I buy what I think is the best part that fits my needs. My dual GT runs all scorched driveshafts and CVs. But I am working on an open wheel 2028 1700kv build and was definitely considering the perfect pass version of the trident shafts for it.
Agreed. And I don’t know what the politics of this is either, but the Trident design is certainly nothing Shifrin can take credit for and still sleep at night.
Not that the Trident front design with a carbon shaft wouldn’t be awesome, but I won’t be buying any until I know he didn’t just rip off David’s design. He didn’t give him credit for the design on the release vid he did, and he’s given David and Scorched products shout-outs before, so I’m wondering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back