Kraton New kraton 6s wont turn on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slinginroosts

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've used many different batteries and tested them they are all fine. The car just randomly wouldn't turn on one day, I have no power to anything, it's like the batteries are not even hooked up. Any help would be amazing.

Crap happens like this with OE electrics. Even when fairly new out the box.
Running in the wet contributes to this also. Depending how and where you bash. ESC could just be bricked. HH should warranty the ESC with no issue. Up to 2 years with a valid receipt. Seems to be a regular thing that HH knows about. You are not alone. Could even be a simple thing like a defective ESC switch. I will assume that you first checked ALL your connections.
Good luck. :cool:

They wouldn't warranty it because I lost my reciever, I think I'm going to just get another spektrum 50 amp. I love in MN and bash in water and snow is it possible to run a traxxas ESC in the v5 kraton? Stock reciever and motor.

HH would not warranty the ESC because becaue you lost the Rx??
Not sure what you mean there??
:unsure:

I meant to say reciept lol
I think it's very dumb that I even had to argue with them when my car is 2 weeks old and the day I got it I spent over $1,000 on it then they fight me over a $150 part, just not very impressed with HH and would like to do a traxxas ESC if possible.

I think it's very dumb that I even had to argue with them when my car is 2 weeks old and the day I got it I spent over $1,000 on it then they fight me over a $150 part, just not very impressed with HH and would like to do a traxxas ESC if possible.
Stay away from Traxxas ESCs: they don't last long. Get yourself a Hobbywing ESC to replace your Spektrum ESC. A Max8 or a Max6 would be a good replacement.

I have yet to have an issue with a traxxas ESC and have 5 different rigs, I was just wondering if it's even possible to run it with that arrma motor/reciever.

Could possibly be your RX that’s went bad. Does anything light up when you power on the vehicle?

Yes you can run Traxxas electronics in Arrma rig but I personally would go with HobbyWing or another manufacturer befor me putting Traxxas electronics in there.

The vehicle does not even power up, I was driving in water and snow so I'm sure it got wet and burnt up.
Could possibly be your RX that’s went bad. Does anything light up when you power on the vehicle?

Yes you can run Traxxas electronics in Arrma rig but I personally would go with HobbyWing or another manufacturer befor me putting Traxxas electronics in there.

And again, so far traxxas has been the most dependable for me, I haven't had one issue with them and I bash hard lol

Sucks about your esc or what not..
Where in MN do you reside? I’m in lakeville. Welcome to the forum! 🤙

The vehicle does not even power up, I was driving in water and snow so I'm sure it got wet and burnt up.
Try unplugging servo wire and see if you have throttle after. imo you shouldn't blame horizon support when you lost a receipt for such a big purchase shortly after you bought it. I had my receipt and they replaced my esc in 60 seconds 🤣

your Traxxas esc will work but everyone is telling you to go max6 because Traxxas esc is even worse than spectrum. 8s Traxxas esc might be decent in there.

Try unplugging servo wire and see if you have throttle after. imo you shouldn't blame horizon support when you lost a receipt for such a big purchase shortly after you bought it. I had my receipt and they replaced my esc in 60 seconds 🤣

your Traxxas esc will work but everyone is telling you to go max6 because Traxxas esc is even worse than spectrum. 8s Traxxas esc might be decent in there.
🤣🤣🤣 I didn't lose the reciept, if you put it in your wallet they are unreadable, don't start trying to defend a bad product and warranty policy man I'm not some brand loyalist I've never had an issues with any of my traxxas ESCstraxxas is in a whole diffrent league this thing lasted me a week lmao

🤣🤣🤣 I didn't lose the reciept, if you put it in your wallet they are unreadable, don't start trying to defend a bad product and warranty policy man I'm not some brand loyalist I've never had an issues with any of my traxxas ESCstraxxas is in a whole diffrent league this thing lasted me a week lmao
Adults know how to take care of things like proof of purchase. I've never kept a receipt in my wallet because it has no place there. I'm also not defending spektrum electronics and I think you won't find many here who will. I don't even use spektrum electronics in any of my rigs anymore because they suck just like Traxxas electronics. Which is another reason people are telling you to go max 6.

requiring proof of purchase for a warranty claim has been the standard and something I've had to do with every single company I've ever needed to contact for warranty. Not sure how that translates to bad policy but OK. Saying Traxxas is in a whole different league kind of defeats the purpose of you claiming you aren't a brand loyalist btw.

🤣🤣🤣 I didn't lose the reciept, if you put it in your wallet they are unreadable, don't start trying to defend a bad product and warranty policy man I'm not some brand loyalist I've never had an issues with any of my traxxas ESCs
Adults know how to take care of things like proof of purchase. I've never kept a receipt in my wallet because it has no place there. I'm also not defending spektrum electronics and I think you won't find many here who will. I don't even use spektrum electronics in any of my rigs anymore because they suck just like Traxxas electronics. Which is another reason people are telling you to go max 6.

requiring proof of purchase for a warranty claim has been the standard and something I've had to do with every single company I've ever needed to contact for warranty. Stating Traxxas is in a whole different league kind of defeats the purpose of you claiming you aren't a brand loyalist btw.

I was just screwing with you about traxxas although I would say I've had better luck with them I love my kraton, I just think physical reciepts are outdated next time I buy a new rc it will be from my local hobby shop than I can deal with them instead of horizon.

requiring proof of purchase for a warranty claim has been the standard and something I've had to do with every single company I've ever needed to contact for warranty. Not sure how that translates to bad policy but OK. Saying Traxxas is in a whole different league kind of defeats the purpose of you claiming you aren't a brand loyalist btw.
I was just screwing with you about traxxas although I would say I've had better luck with them I love my kraton, I just think physical reciepts are outdated next time I buy a new rc it will be from my local hobby shop than I can deal with them instead of horizon.
Also I did try it with the servo unplugged and even a different servo so I think I just was bashing it a bit hard in the snow/water.

Also I did try it with the servo unplugged and even a different servo so I think I just was bashing it a bit hard in the snow/water.
seriously though, you should try unplugging the servo. it could easily be the servo and not the esc. it's pretty common to have servo die and make you think it's the esc.

seriously though, you should try unplugging the servo. it could easily be the servo and not the esc. it's pretty common to have servo die and make you think it's the esc.
I tried that thanks for the ideas tho man this forum is awesome

TRX ESC will not make you "feel" any better.:rolleyes:
FWIW, Trax only offers a 30 day warranty. And they will laugh at you without a receipt. Even if warrantying a mere scew.
A lost receipt is a "Lost Receipt". Your blame is misdirected.
The 2 year Arrma warranty is priceless IMHO. HH has made one time exceptions without a receipt before however. Depends how you approach HH.
Where exactly was your rig purchased? At a LHS? I had one LHS make me another receipt once before. My early release Lim. It needed over $300. in parts out the box. Like a child assembled it. Ruined everything.
If it was an online purchase, it is easy to get to get a copy of the receipt.
Not sure where you are going with this.:unsure:

Last edited:
Stop crying and making excuses my 2 week old kraton esc is garbage and they won't do anything about it, get off your knees horizon. Hobby is gapping you out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back