Kraton New Kraton EXB 1/8 on order. Help me get all the parts I need.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay18

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Ok I have many questions as I am new to this platform so I appreciate any help.

I am working on getting all the parts I need to complete this roller. I already ordered the Max6 1650kv combo.
I still need a servo and heard PowerHD wh-30 was good. Has anyone ordered from NitroHobbies?
I still need a radio and was thinking about the Noble NB4. Once I decide where to get it from.
Cant I just run one IC5 connector on the esc battery wires and get a series harness if I ever want to run 2 batteries?

Is their anything I should upgrade stock that normally breaks? I can have spares ready to swap for when it does break.

Should I get extra diff oil because I have heard sometimes they are dry or low. If so what weights do I need?

I hear some say the motor can flex and hit the chassis... Do I need to worry about this or buy something to keep it from moving?

I hear that the rear diff or bulkhead that the arms attach to can break with the stock arms. Should I get RPM arms?

Thinking about getting a wheelie bar. Maybe the tbone racing one....

I heard some people use drywall tape on the body to stiffen it. I may look into doing this.

Thanks!

I recommend the radiolink rc6gs it’s around $80 and has one of the best ranges and can store multiple rigs in its memory. A servo a lot of people myself included love the 35kg Amazon special Or something like the eco boost isn’t bad either imo
6E918A15-FB3D-4740-A2AC-B72047E7C2D7.jpeg
A7595A62-811E-4D34-B01C-6C3490503B52.jpeg

The exb arms I feel are as good as the rpm arms but that’s my opinion I’ve heard it both ways from others.
id get some 500k diff fluid for the center diff to keep the front tires from going pizza cutter, and like 60k front, 20k rear.
the mesh drywall tape and 2 tubes of shoogoo on the inside of the body works great I did mine and painted it black. I also made a little plastic plate to protect the body from hitting the shock towers in the front here’s some pics
12C98689-5700-4BFA-A122-DBF2763BF6F9.jpeg
995873A5-6615-4A51-A854-7C050A323CE1.jpeg

you will need power connectors, that’s up to you, I use the (amass xt150) connectors on all my stuff.
I think a wheelie bar is good I have one.
0145D91C-2921-4E0A-A73E-BB2050585E87.jpeg

3drc a vendor here on the forum makes some cool wing mounts and front bumper thing’s iv heard are great.
https://3d-rc.online/

i still run my stock chassie, i don't do insane sendings with my kraton.
Only with talion that got Titanium chassie and shocktowers.

You want titanium rear shocktower or m2c
and RPM front spoiler, rpm wing mount
RPM front arms, also rear when they are released.

19t or 20t M1 5mm pinion to max6 kombo
high speed fan to motor

dusty motors cover to avoid stones in center drive line and in coolingfans like esc and to motor

remember also Silicone spray the whole rig and wipe it dry to avoid rust and dirt sit hard at bearings and a arms and so on.

are you expert grease all your bearings extra marine grease in them

check diff oils before first run
fill with thicker better oils
250k center
150k front
100k rear
All is CST

i also fill shocks with 100sct ligher oil than stock, and screw the dampers to maximum hardness after this.
The springs will sit nice after this

wheelie bar is great have with this strong 49size motor
Outcast 6s stock fits also Kraton
or
this Nylon from ebay
s-l640.jpg

dustymotorsblack-ns.jpg

silicone-spray.jpg

servos and other things others have told already. ECO Boost is nice servo,
you want ATLEAST 30kg servo, or more, when you crash in high speed, you want strong servo
servo can never be TOO strong, only too Weak

Search videos about GEAR MESH, and also about END POINT SETTING RC CAR

buy also programmer card to the ESC , it is so much more easy tune it that way.

there is MANY build treadhs about these cars and so on.
just search , watch also youtube videos, search KRATON 6S EXB must do mods , and so on.
Listen to many people, not just one source
use multible sources to find out great ideas

watch this video

Great choice! So not to repeat stuff as the above is basically great advice. I agree/lean towards Alan's approach above. Everyone has a slight different opinion on how they upgrade their rigs. You'll find your best way! (y) Have fun! :LOL:✌️

Do some searching in here. Lots of good info. But not all of it is good. Don’t cheap out on servos!

I built one. With a 1200 castle and xlx2

Rpm stuff is garbage. Plus their wty is worthless. Sorry I didn’t get to you before you spent money on their stuff.

I have that servo in all my rigs. Works well so far. Time will tell. Lots of peeps use that so good choice. RPM arms too.....I ordered those for my Noto6s, but not putting them on until I break the stock ones.
From a video I watched its more about the rpm arms having flex where the stock arms are very stong and barely flex. This means they are more likely to break at the attachment points. Just what ive seen but not experienced yet. I remember getting rpm arms on my last RC for a similar reason.
Do some searching in here. Lots of good info. But not all of it is good. Don’t cheap out on servos!

I built one. With a 1200 castle and xlx2

Rpm stuff is garbage. Plus their wty is worthless. Sorry I didn’t get to you before you spent money on their stuff.
Really? Several people in here seem to have experience with the same servo. I had rpm arms in the past and don't remember having any issues. What don't you like about them?

From a video I watched its more about the rpm arms having flex where the stock arms are very stong and barely flex. This means they are more likely to break at the attachment points. Just what ive seen but not experienced yet. I remember getting rpm arms on my last RC for a similar reason.
Agreed. Some people will also boil the RPM ones a little 1st too increase flexibility. I was too excited to get my 1st 6s out runnin' so after the diffs, bearings, receiver, servo and all the OTB items I was ready to have some fun! So the RPMs will just wait a bit.:p

But as of now I'm not bashing it to death so the stock ones have been cool so far. (y)

As Clubin said, (some peeps like RPM, some don't-the jurys still out with me) search this forum and others also...there's lots of good info and vids out there! :)

I have most of the diff oils I need on order I think. Looks like I should probably pick up some grease for the gears as well. I already see this thing is going to eat up a lot of time lol. I probably should pick up some shims too.

I have most of the diff oils I need on order I think. Looks like I should probably pick up some grease for the gears as well. I already see this thing is going to eat up a lot of time lol. I probably should pick up some shims too.
The list never ends! 😂

This is what I have in the cart so far for my next order. I got my Hobbywing motor/esc in the mail today and my servo from amazon.
1656351861217.png

1656351886303.png

This is what I have in the cart so far for my next order. I got my Hobbywing motor/esc in the mail today and my servo from amazon.
View attachment 226219
View attachment 226220
Looks pretty good.

My only suggestion would be to remove the gear grease and just get something from Wallyworld or an auto store. It'll be a lot more grease for about the same $$, imo.

I use Lucas oil-red and tacky. Some do not prefer that and use other grease like it. To each his own. Depends on how you run your rigs.

Check the threads here... theres a bunch about types of grease and pros/cons if each.

You are def on your way!!! (y) :LOL: ✌️

Think I am finished for now. Here is the list.

Kraton 6S EXB Roller
Max6 with 35mm rocket fan and program card
4985 1650kv - 19T pinion
PPS motor mount
Flysky noble pro
3D RC wing mount
3D RC front bumper spring
Amazon Dsservo 35kg
Arrma wheelie bar
T-Bone rear mud guards
RPM rear skid
m2c 3130 REAR HINGE PIN KIT
m2c 3616 FRONT HINGE PIN RETAINER KIT w/ BUMPER MOUNT
Pro-line body skid protectors
Spare outdrives and diff gears
different weights of diff and shock fluid

Think I am finished for now. Here is the list.

Kraton 6S EXB Roller
Max6 with 35mm rocket fan and program card
4985 1650kv - 19T pinion
PPS motor mount
Flysky noble pro
3D RC wing mount
3D RC front bumper spring
Amazon Dsservo 35kg
Arrma wheelie bar
T-Bone rear mud guards
RPM rear skid
m2c 3130 REAR HINGE PIN KIT
m2c 3616 FRONT HINGE PIN RETAINER KIT w/ BUMPER MOUNT
Pro-line body skid protectors
Spare outdrives and diff gears
different weights of diff and shock fluid
I would double check that wheelie bar that you have in your cart. Pretty sure that only fits the mega & 3s lines of cars. You'll want one that fits the 6s rigs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back