New Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious to see if the Scorched skid plate stops the front bumper skid plate support from breaking ??? This usually breaks after a few head on impacts from nose diving landings !!!
I got my SBR 2.0 last Nov , and after breaking the front bumper and skid plate support , they were on back order til May 21 !!!! I wasn't about to "not" drive the truck , so I fabbed this up !!!

IMG_4883.JPG

I'm curious to see if the Scorched skid plate stops the front bumper skid plate support from breaking ??? This usually breaks after a few head on impacts from nose diving landings !!!
I got my SBR 2.0 last Nov , and after breaking the front bumper and skid plate support , they were on back order til May 21 !!!! I wasn't about to "not" drive the truck , so I fabbed this up !!!
Not sure if it would, ...I mean if you properly nose plant then it will miss where the skid plate is entirely.

It is the best skid plate available for our trucks though.
Wouldn't be surprised if Scorched Parts has more upgrades planned for the Losi so worth keeping an eye out for that front bumper support. ;)

Just a heads up for the Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0 lovers like myself ~ Scorched Parts have just released some new parts for our trucks.
View attachment 182421

Titanium front skid plate: https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...r-titanium-front-skid-plate-and-chassis-brace
Carbon fibre chassis braces: https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...carbon-fibre-rear-chassis-frame-support-brace

I have both fitted to my truck now and was testing them out today for fun on some jumps. They're very, very strong parts as I can't jump my RC very well as these fails in the video will show. :LOL:
At least out scale trophy truck SBR 2.0 doesn't scale carnage crash !!!!

Jeeze that was a nasty wreck, ..glad he's still alive after that.

I’ve crashed like that. Only mine doesn’t fall apart like that.
Same.
Since adjusting my trucks rear ride height, adding thicker diff fluids and shock fluids mine drifts a lot better so tends not to dig in as easily.

What I meant was the orig was a 750 , so I think you'd be fine with the 800v . This truck is built like a tank as far as diffs / drivetrain goes . My DBXL-E is also built very well by Losi !!! They build some durable stuff !!!
I believe the sbr and srr share the same chassis set up. If that is true, there is no way a castle 2028 800kv will fit. I own that motor and unless you have a way to move the servo. I have no idea how you'd mount it.

Not trying to knock anyone’s stuff. What I’m experiencing is the lower bumper support is basically buckling under a heavy bumper hit. And then it snaps leading to bumper failure if I don’t replace the lower. Not sure this part is addressing the root cause of my issue with the skip plate not attaching to the lower support.

Not trying to knock anyone’s stuff. What I’m experiencing is the lower bumper support is basically buckling under a heavy bumper hit. And then it snaps leading to bumper failure if I don’t replace the lower. Not sure this part is addressing the root cause of my issue with the skip plate not attaching to the lower support.
Yes, once it becomes distorted , it's hard to line it back up . Unfortunately this is the design of this truck , one wrong take off if it bucks up the rear , down on the nose it goes , and depending on temp will decide if it's gonna break or not . But I love the truck though !!

Omg!.Awesome idea! Finally! I refused to buy this truck until the horrible handling was fixed... all that donkey rolling on landings... smashing over bumps and ramps instead of jumping... not even 20lbs and can't land without a brutal bottom out?! You sir have solved it... obviously a dual rear shock is what's needed... and no spring is a cool idea too! Now the only problem is that I'm going to buy another rig! Lol... dang hobby... thank you! Running vids would be great if possible?

Just got mine today, blue KING livery!
Some good into in this thread.

What is the purpose of stiffening up the rear brace though? I get it in that it minimises rear body flex which would also reduce the body from cracking but I’d also think it’s important to maintain flexibility when the car goes into a wild tumble roll

What is the purpose of stiffening up the rear brace though? I get it in that it minimises rear body flex which would also reduce the body from cracking but I’d also think it’s important to maintain flexibility when the car goes into a wild tumble roll
It needs it once you run it you’ll see. It’s super floppy.

Because there is WAY to much flex in the rear cage area . When you either hit the takeoff of a jump , or land , the rear cage with the weight of the tires slams into the ground . Some actually make their own single tire mount to take at least the weight of one tire off the back of the truck.
Also , I put 500k in the rear diff , to " lock ' it up more to get that " slide " to help the rolling over , NTM , makes the truck drift easier !!!
Stock up on front bumpers and bumper support , they take the abuse but break often , especially when it's cold outside .
I have mine up for sale , I could care either way , I love the truck , but like a lot of my RC's , I haven't been using them .
Other than the front bumper , this is one seriously built "tank" of an RC !!! Extremely fast out of the box , even a lot of fun on 6s !!!! Not a good basher for " sending " it high , but more for scale driving and some moderate jumping .
Looks awesome in slo-mo !!! Here is a vid of mine . Wish I added the Dukes of Hazard theme !!!
You can see I don't have a lot of rear cage flex .
Def an RC that you have to get used to the driving characteristics of it , finding that " sweet " spot for your jump take-offs so it doesn't "buck" the back of the truck , slower turning so it doesn't flip over , etc .

Last edited:
Because there is WAY to much flex in the rear cage area . When you either hit the takeoff of a jump , or land , the rear cage with the weight of the tires slams into the ground . Some actually make their own single tire mount to take at least the weight of one tire off the back of the truck.
Also , I put 500k in the rear diff , to " lock ' it up more to get that " slide " to help the rolling over , NTM , makes the truck drift easier !!!
Stock up on front bumpers and bumper support , they take the abuse but break often , especially when it's cold outside .
I have mine up for sale , I could care either way , I love the truck , but like a lot of my RC's , I haven't been using them .
Other than the front bumper , this is one seriously built "tank" of an RC !!! Extremely fast out of the box , even a lot of fun on 6s !!!! Not a good basher for " sending " it high , but more for scale driving and some moderate jumping .
Looks awesome in slo-mo !!! Here is a vid of mine . Wish I added the Dukes of Hazard theme !!!
You can see I don't have a lot of rear cage flex .
Def an RC that you have to get used to the driving characteristics of it , finding that " sweet " spot for your jump take-offs so it doesn't "buck" the back of the truck , slower turning so it doesn't flip over , etc .
Luv it!!! Yeah Daisy Duke would have been even better in that clip :)

I haven’t driven mine yet but I know with my K8S & Notorious, you can easily control the pitch of the car mid air with throttle …. Doesn’t seem like you can with the SBR, is this is the case? Haha they look a camel trying to jump off the top of a sand dune but it’s this clumsiness and also being a challenge to drive that draws me to the SBR.

500k rear drive - good to know, thanks! How about front & centre diff oil?

Luv it!!! Yeah Daisy Duke would have been even better in that clip :)

I haven’t driven mine yet but I know with my K8S & Notorious, you can easily control the pitch of the car mid air with throttle …. Doesn’t seem like you can with the SBR, is this is the case? Haha they look a camel trying to jump off the top of a sand dune but it’s this clumsiness and also being a challenge to drive that draws me to the SBR.

500k rear drive - good to know, thanks! How about front & centre diff oil?
They are both still stock , whatever they are ....LOL !!! I didn't touch the shocks either . There is another quick upgrade I seen someone do to their SBR 2.0 , they added another set of rear shocks from a K8S , but without the spring on it to just use it as a damper . The Traxxas UDR has it like this out the box .
I also tried the supplied 0 degree housing ends, don't bother , it's like the truck is ice skating !!!!

Last edited:
Anyone had this issue? Tried to remove the motor plate cover and I had to drill out the head of this Allen key screw - felt like the nut itself which sits in a plastic housing was spinning…had no other option
Pic per below

Attachments

• 8E825B04-C385-4177-88EC-47A08A7756E0.jpeg
    8E825B04-C385-4177-88EC-47A08A7756E0.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 48
I stumbled upon this thread on a related google search. It's been so long I forgot I posted here. Anyway, the SBR2.0 is still doing good. Just completely tore it down and rebuilt it for the second time. I added some new goodies, including the ScorchedParts wheel wells. I will provide pictures once the rest of the new parts are installed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back