Kraton New model 4s v2.5 fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rixxie33

Reaction score
Looking to move more air over the stock motor, Florida heat!
Any ideas out there? Larger fans have different mounting holes, like my Rocket fans 40x40x10mm won't fit. I think stock is 25x25x10mm??
Thanks in advance.

You may need to gear down a little.
I have had good luck with this one.

1707837664406.png

Personally I put two 30mm rocket fans on my arrma 3s cars, they will just barely fit on the 3s heatsink side by side if you only screw in the inner holes, never had a problem with doing that. However, if you have a strong servo you might be asking too much of the stock BEC.

Any ideas out there? Larger fans have different mounting holes, like my Rocket fans 40x40x10mm won't fit. I think stock is 25x25x10mm??
Thanks in advance.
You can also mitigate some heat by lowering the motor timing to 15 from the stock setting of 22.5

Personally I put two 30mm rocket fans on my arrma 3s cars, they will just barely fit on the 3s heatsink side by side if you only screw in the inner holes, never had a problem with doing that. However, if you have a strong servo you might be asking too much of the stock BEC.
The v2.5 is 4s, not 3s, do you think two 30mm fans will also work for the new model?
Thank you

The old model K4s V2 (4s) is the same as the new V2.5(4s) and I have been running two stock fans on mine for some time now.

How hot is your motor getting you may have a bad bearing, which is dragging it down, making it overheat. I run a 15 tooth pinion on the stock system. It tends to get a little warm, but never overheat running two stock fans.

The way I drive and the way arrma gears I've had heat issues on basically every arrma vehicle in summer. Could be bearing sure, but considering it's pretty new since 2.5 only recently came out I'd be really surprised.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. I’ve had several bad bearings in brand new cars after just one or two runs. Just curious what kind of environment are you working with all sand, all grass, all pavement. I was visiting a friend in Tampa and he has very tall Saint Augustine grass and all my cars overheated in his backyard on that grass.

Thanks in advance.

Just using my 3S rig here as an example. Not true to your rig tho

It is possible to put a 40-mm-tall fan on a 36-mm can motor. 40mm just moves more air I live in hot delta of Memphis along the MS River and it is an oven in the summer. These work great...I did not have good results from 30mm fans here..even the best 30mm aluminum fans. I do not like heat sinks I use clamps that goes over the motor so fan air blows do directly on the fan... why I like ribbed motors.

1707846287474.png

The old model K4s V2 (4s) is the same as the new V2.5(4s) and I have been running two stock fans on mine for some time now.

How hot is your motor getting you may have a bad bearing, which is dragging it down, making it overheat. I run a 15 tooth pinion on the stock system. It tends to get a little warm, but never overheat running two stock fans.
110F. I know it's not that hot, but Florida summer is on the way.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. I’ve had several bad bearings in brand new cars after just one or two runs. Just curious what kind of environment are you working with all sand, all grass, all pavement. I was visiting a friend in Tampa and he has very tall Saint Augustine grass and all my cars overheated in his backyard on that grass.
Yes that st augustine grass is bad, I run mine on the golf course at night when all are gone.

Just using my 3S rig here as an example. Not true to your rig tho

It is possible to put a 40-mm-tall fan on a 36-mm can motor. 40mm just moves more air I live in hot delta of Memphis along the MS River and it is an oven in the summer. These work great...I did not have good results from 30mm fans here..even the best 30mm aluminum fans. I do not like heat sinks I use clamps that goes over the motor so fan air blows do directly on the fan... why I like ribbed motors.

View attachment 348377
What make is the black fan?

@parcou Looks great, I've got some of the Rocket aluminum frame fans, what motor fan clamp and fan blade shields are those?

What make is the black fan?

Thank you Sirs!

I cannot say enough about RCP. He shared knowledge, supported his products, replaced fans warrantied for me, and they push air. I moved away from Game Changer fans for these to power off my RCs power. Game Changer fans are DOPE.... I hated the work of adding a 2S battery each time! Hot summers here. RCP has been great. I have a temp display on my rig fan does well to keep it at 130-150F. On a hot day, I can get to 160-170 if I hit it hard, but I'm not seeing 180F and no 200+ temps. NOTE: I do change my ESC and motors to get the "same" OEM performance, but ESC/motor is more temperature efficient than the stock ESC/motor....so it does give me a temp edge!

40mm fan is here...they are on all my rigs in some form
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/p...l-40mm-high-speed-rc-fan-8-volt-plug-and-play

The shields come with the fan, or you can order them separately.
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/10s-motor

The clamp is here....not one has come loose bashing my 3S nor my 6S rigs...tip...put some thread locker on the clamp screw!

40mm clamp
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/p...-brushless-motor-fan-bracket-for-40-x-40-fans

36mm clamp
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/p...-brushless-motor-fan-bracket-for-30-x-30-fans

Back