New NB4+ coming in February

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cancelthefuture

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vendetta
Looks like Flysky is dropping a new variant of the NB4 somewhere between the NB4 base and NB4 Pro, hoping someone can determine what the difference is because I'm not seeing much honestly between NB4 and NB4+ to justify 100 dollar increase in price.

Things that jump out immediately at me, are the new wheel with a brake rotor and caliper. A color screen ( big one ) and the main battery is easily accessible.
Looks nice! 👍

That new screen looks nice, but otherwise looks to be the same radio.
I have yet to setup my RadioMaster MT12. The screen leaves a lot to be desired, but I never look at the screen while driving my RC. I have high hopes the Express LRS signal is everything it is said to be.

My first thought was; would they adapt edgeTX and multi protocol/ELRS and challenge radiomaster...?
But sadly they didn't, while they easily could (flysky air products do like the new EL18) Missed opportunity if you ask me...
a NB4(+) build quality radio running edgeTX(mixed in with their own UI) and with full native ADHFS3 support, would be the instant best buy radio on the market...

I assume their product manager (and maybe most of the surface RC market) arent ready for adoption yet. I do wonder which brand will be next.

My first thought was; would they adapt edgeTX and multi protocol/ELRS and challenge radiomaster...?
But sadly they didn't, while they easily could (flysky air products do like the new EL18) Missed opportunity if you ask me...
a NB4(+) build quality radio running edgeTX(mixed in with their own UI) and with full native ADHFS3 support, would be the instant best buy radio on the market...

I assume their product manager (and maybe most of the surface RC market) arent ready for adoption yet. I do wonder which brand will be next.
100% agree

I think it's such a miniscule market in the surface world currently that it's hard to make a business case to put the money into it.

I think it's such a miniscule market in the surface world currently that it's hard to make a business case to put the money into it.
Frsky certainly lost it's market dominance when jumperTX/radiomaster made this move at the airRC world a few years back. Markets can change quickly.

But I guess, if there ever was the idea to do it, OEM-side of flysky and the AFHDSx protocol team likely voted against it. With them having it operational on the Paladin/Nirvana/Elysium it would be a low investment to transfer it to a surface RC, put could also hurt part of their own business.
It's more likely budget brands will jump on it when there protocol licenses are up for renewal. For now the early adaptors have to settle for the MT12, which certainly is great.

Got a chance to pick up the NB4+ today. Seems nice, the display is a big improvement!

Back