New PPS motor mount in Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
A week ago today I installed the PPS motor mount, diff support, and diff cover with roll bar mount on my Kraton 6s. It's so easy to set the gear mesh perfectly: the new mesh is considerably quieter than the old mesh, and the slight wear on the pinion and spur gears is a relic of setting the mesh the old-fashioned way. Pic is without the roll bar installed as the roll bar covers up much of the mount.

PPS motor mount in Kraton.jpg

Sorry for the noob question but how does this mount allow you set the mesh differently?
It has a fine threaded adjusting screw that moves the motor plate in an out of the mount in fine increments. Once you have the perfect gear mesh, the adjusting screw is locked in place with a grub screw so there's no chance the motor plate will move while tightening the top screws down.

Just to illustrate what @morrjr71 was saying, this is where the screw and capping grub screw go. And yes, PPS is the business when it comes to motor mounts. It made my car so much quieter, these things are worth their weight in aluminum.
1662979613716.png

It has a fine threaded adjusting screw that moves the motor plate in an out of the mount in fine increments. Once you have the perfect gear mesh, the adjusting screw is locked in place with a grub screw so there's no chance the motor plate will move while tightening the top screws down.
Thanks for that explanation. I know what my next motor mount will be.
Just to illustrate what @morrjr71 was saying, this is where the screw and capping grub screw go. And yes, PPS is the business when it comes to motor
Appreciate the visual aid as well.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back