Talion New Talion EXB- To much spin out, hard to control, need tips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaddy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
I have a new EXB Talion. I found this EXB Talion hard to control on turns and take off`s, it just wants to spin out all the time and do donuts.
This is mostly on lightly loose dirt to hard packed dirt but also on grass. Even at higher speeds, if I turn and not sharp,this thing just wants to spin out.
I have my own radio(radiolink)install with out any AVC. Aready turned down steering throw and its speed but still not helping.
I own other 6s arrma`s and they don`t spin out like this at all. Could it be because of the limited slip Diff`s.??
Should I try a different set of tires?? Let me know what you think may help?

I have a new EXB Talion. I found this EXB Talion hard to control on turns and take off`s, it just wants to spin out all the time and do donuts.
This is mostly on lightly loose dirt to hard packed dirt but also on grass. Even at higher speeds, if I turn and not sharp,this thing just wants to spin out.
I have my own radio(radiolink)install with out any AVC. Aready turned down steering throw and its speed but still not helping.
I own other 6s arrma`s and they don`t spin out like this at all. Could it be because of the limited slip Diff`s.??

I had the exact same issue with the Tailon EXB and the Kraton EXB. I am not saying do this as a fix, but for me, it was identical to what you posted....pissed me off.

It was the LSD diffs. I tried many different weights in the diffs and could not stop the spin-out described. For me, it was not until I made the REAR only open and kept the F/C diffs as LSDs.

After that is performed like all my other 6S rigs with open diffs, the tires were fine was not a tire issue....damn LSDs.

Just my $0.02, I have many posts on this same topic. There are other options I am sure exist also.

I use LSD diffs and don't have this problem. :eek:

I had the same problem was like I was driving on ice. so after a lot of messing with the LSD diffs I got the shim kit and opened them all works great now

Thanks Guys!
Yea, I had a feeling it was most likely the Rear LSD. Just ordered a LSD shim kit for the rear to keep a open end Diff.
The EXB Talion is nice and fast, but just want a little more control. The tires on the Talion are good, but could also use a little more meat(knob`s) for traction. I`ll change the rear diff. first and see how it acts before better tires.

I use LSD diffs and don't have this problem. :eek:

You are right Boss. A lot of people have good success just amazed me with two different rigs the KEXB and Talion EXB it was exactly the same. When I opened the rear only it was love and behaved like my Fireteam and all the others.

I think it comes down to how some of us bash... I like full throttle even in the turns to get that drift but the LSD rear would not play right. 🤷‍♂️ Even at a stop and gun the power it will spin around even with AVC on both...just frustration like being on ice until l changed the rear.

Love for it to work...glad it did for you (y)

Thanks Guys!
Yea, I had a feeling it was most likely the Rear LSD. Just ordered a LSD shim kit for the rear to keep a open end Diff.
The EXB Talion is nice and fast, but just want a little more control. The tires on the Talion are good, but could also use a little more meat(knob`s) for traction. I`ll change the rear diff. first and see how it acts before better tires.

Last edited:
You are right Boss. A lot of people have good success just amazed me with two different rigs the KEXB and Talion EXB it was exactly the same. When I opened the rear only it was love and behaved like my Fireteam and all the others.

I think it comes down to how some of us bash... I like full throttle even in the turns to get that drift but the LSD rear would not play right. 🤷‍♂️ Even at a stop and gun the power it will spin around even with AVC on both...just frustration like being on ice until l changed the rear.

Love for it to work...glad it did for you (y)
That's probably why I never noticed it! I'm terrified of trying to turn at high throttle. :ROFLMAO: I should definitely keep open diffs in mind when I start taking it to open fields and getting wild. :cool: (y)

That's probably why I never noticed it! I'm terrified of trying to turn at high throttle. :ROFLMAO: I should definitely keep open diffs in mind when I start taking it to open fields and getting wild. :cool: (y)
I have a talion 6s exb and I’ve never had any of the issues I’ve read about. I will be taking the diffs apart this coming week and setting it up with new diff oils. I do run it on a track for 1/10 scale cars but it does perform pretty good on 4s. What’s a good diff oil set up?

I have a talion 6s exb and I’ve never had any of the issues I’ve read about. I will be taking the diffs apart this coming week and setting it up with new diff oils. I do run it on a track for 1/10 scale cars but it does perform pretty good on 4s. What’s a good diff oil set up?

Not all people have that issue. It depends on how you bash, and I love the power slide and drift turn. So, for my style, the stock did not go with LSD.

If not broken, do not fix it....you are good (y)

When getting diff info, make sure it is for your setup. LSD diff oil setup is different from open diff. Enjoy!!

Not all people have that issue. It depends on how you bash, and I love the power slide and drift turn. So, for my style, the stock did not go with LSD.

If not broken, do not fix it....you are good (y)

When getting diff info, make sure it is for your setup. LSD diff oil setup is different from open diff. Enjoy!!
Where can I find lsd oil set ups for the talion 6s exb w lsd

I swapped the stock tires to Backflip LP tires and it helped alot. Those stock tires are not the best on loose surface. Maybe better for pavement or hardpack.

I had the exact same issue with the Tailon EXB and the Kraton EXB. I am not saying do this as a fix, but for me, it was identical to what you posted....pissed me off.

It was the LSD diffs. I tried many different weights in the diffs and could not stop the spin-out described. For me, it was not until I made the REAR only open and kept the F/C diffs as LSDs.

After that is performed like all my other 6S rigs with open diffs, the tires were fine was not a tire issue....damn LSDs.

Just my $0.02, I have many posts on this same topic. There are other options I am sure exist also.
I totally agree. I will never run another 6s car with LSD at the rear. Open diff only.
I know some certainly disagree but I’ve experienced very, very little difference performance wise with different viscosities in an LSD diff. When open, they then respond to tuning by viscosity like any other diff. The only significant difference I’ve seen in tuning LSD diffs is the manner in which you set up the plates. Then they respond. And still suck, IMO. I know some really like them, but I’m not among them. I’ve had by far the best luck tuning open diffs with proper fluids. Only then can I see real results in balance and handling, and you can certainly fine tune the process much more effectively that way as opposed to the really limited results you get with LSD’s. The only benefit I enjoy with the EXB LSD’s is their more robust design, the larger satellite gear pins, and the beefier outdrives. Convert them all to open and they’re awesome. 😊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back