New to Arrma/New member here.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edo7-11

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey what's up everyone? I'm a new member to the group. I have a long list of gas and electric Traxxas, Kyosho, Redcat, Aero Scout and so on. I'm relatively new to Arrma vehicles. I just picked up a new Typhon 6S BLX. I'm planning on setting it up for speed runs, not bashing so much. First thing I noticed was the transmitter feels a little cheap and there's no resistance to the trigger pull. My Kyosho KT-331 has a rubberized grip, somewhat decent trigger pull, digital display, and foam wheel. Can you guys reccomend a good radio for the Typhon? Looking for comfortable grip and good throttle control. I'd prefer a digital display for changing rate settings and such. Thanks in advance....

--Eddie
Quote Reply

Hi Edo7-11, welcome to the forum. A bunch of guys who do this crazy stuff. Typhon is a great choice, probably the best all rounder there is actually. IMO. I presume you bought the V4? Feel free to post up pics of your build and some video once you start laying down some serious rubber (y)

Hey what's up Lazy Bushmam. Yeah, I have the V4. The only thing I've done so far is buy some new shoes for it. I picked up a set of GTX belted street tires. And I swapped out the pinion.

I took it out for it's first run earlier today. This thing is a bullet! I was surprised for it being stock. I'm not a fan of the transmitter tho. Seems pretty cheap. Arrma could've done a little better with that IMO. I'm looking for options on that.

I'll definitely be posting pics and vids along the way!!
Hey what's up Lazy Bushmam. Yeah, I have the V4. The only thing I've done so far is buy some new shoes for it. I picked up a set of GTX belted street tires. And I swapped out the pinion.

I took it out for it's first run earlier today. This thing is a bullet! I was surprised for it being stock. I'm not a fan of the transmitter tho. Seems pretty cheap. Arrma could've done a little better with that IMO. I'm looking for options on that.

I'll definitely be posting pics and vids along the way!!
Just stock pics. For now....?

Attachments

• 1560842898338440195532721673633.jpg
    1560842898338440195532721673633.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 15608430179072992128425870610185.jpg
    15608430179072992128425870610185.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Awesome car you have, it's looking sweet, the old Tactic radios are good, I run Sanwa and Tactic radios on my Arrmas. For speed runs the range is important, I think some guys run Futaba radios?

Thx Primarrma! How do you like Sanwa? I had a Futaba long long time ago. I'm actually looking thru their new radios now. They got some nice stuff. Bit pricey for their top end but probably worth it.

I think the radio a lot of guys use is the Futaba 4pv, I have no experience with it, so I can't comment. The Sanwa I've owned and used most is the MX-6, it's been great and had no problems, it's an entry level radio, but superior to rtr radios. I don't know how it would go for long range as I'm only a basher. I use it on the track with a lot of other drivers around, it seems reliable and has plenty of features. The old arrma rtr radios (tactic) are great and I've never had an issue, I've just ordered another one for a project I'm building.

Cool, thank for your input Primarrma. I'll definitely look into them. I'm just a basher too. And the Typhon is the first Arrma I bought. After looking around for a while, I decided on the Typhon for a stable speed runner. And I can always convert it back to a dirt basher if I want. Something that can't really be done with the XO-1. And it's cheaper lol. So we'll see how it goes. I just hope I don't smack into a curb or tree on the first high speed run??

Thanks bicketybam!!

Hi again @Edo7-11. Just wanted to give you a little forum tip. If you use the @ symbol while typing member's names, they'll pop up on the screen and you can just tap on it to link in your message. When the message goes through, it's highlighted, and the member gets a notification. So when I'm done here, @Notorious J will get a notification that his message to @Edo7-11 about how his message to @bicketybam, will likely be read. @WoodiE set it up pretty sweetly so we can know when people are remarking on our content. You can also hit reply or quote to attach the original message, and the same notification process happens. Pretty much the same as how in works in insta and f-book. Too much information, maybe, but I've got time to kill while at work, so ? Arrma rocks!!!!???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back