Granite New to Granite, suggested mods/upgrades/parts i should stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome thanks guys! Another question if i may, is this normal?
View attachment 25473
Seems like the front is pointing outward and the backs are inward. Is this normal for a 4wd RC?

Yeah I've been wondering this too. Out of the box I noticed the front tires point outward and the back ones inwards like you said. Doesn't make sense why they would send it like that. I gotta adjust the turnbuckles and see if that helps because it's really bothering me lol.

I run 1 deg of toe out per side(2 deg total) on all my cars. It personal preference, and varies from car to car.

Here is a good explanation of front toe:

Setting toe, and using a camber gauge to set toe if you don't have a setup station:

Hey Razor, thanks for chiming in and are you the same one from youtube?

otherwise she was a blast to drive. I will adjust the fronts,
the rears are pointing inward towards the chassis does the turnbuckle fix that as well or is that actually normal...lol

Yes, that's me, one and the same. You can't adjust the rear toe-in, so don't worry about it. :)

I think I adjusted the front toe too much, now when I set the truck down the front tires face inward a little. From the video above it's best for them to point outwards since the truck seems to handle better especially around turns.

Today was a fun day at the track , learned this thing is nose heavy, also dropped some coin on a few things:
20181218_232042.jpg

DX5 pro, 2 Associated SC28's for house bashing with the wife, and my avid racing bearings came in

Thinking about picking up the 5 pro. Let me know how you like it. Got a 5r now I'm just comfortable with Spektrum. I fly with a DX9 too lol

Thinking about picking up the 5 pro. Let me know how you like it. Got a 5r now I'm just comfortable with Spektrum. I fly with a DX9 too lol

Will do, i felt a immediate improvement of control and I plan on having other cars later on so this works grate for that. I am gonna grab the 6 channel receiver because it also has sensor ability and i like knowing what things are doing...lol

Don't waste your money on telemetry. I made a huge mistake investing in 8 channel receivers with telemetry on some of my planes. The money is better spent on more cars/planes, batteries, tires, and repair parts lol

Don't waste your money on telemetry. I made a huge mistake investing in 8 channel receivers with telemetry on some of my planes. The money is better spent on more cars/planes, batteries, tires, and repair parts lol
Hmm good to know...lol

I think I adjusted the front toe too much, now when I set the truck down the front tires face inward a little. From the video above it's best for them to point outwards since the truck seems to handle better especially around turns.

What's really going to blow your mind is that the toe changes a lot as the suspension arms move up and down! :)

Today was a fun day at the track , learned this thing is nose heavy

I noticed that too yesterday, I don't remember it from before, but it definitely nose dives a lot in the air.

So tonight i replaced the servo with one from amazon, it's this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CNKQX4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
20kg, waterproof and was recommended on here.
Of course once i got it all back together i realized i never centered the servo...LOL so tomorrow i will remedy that.
the buzzing is gone from it, next i wanna eliminate the delay on start out,like when i hit the gas there is a 1.5 sec delay before it moves, i have 0 clue how to do that, unless a sensor motor is the only way to go for that?
BTW Thank you all for your patience with my re learning everything :)

While i was running the truck today i noticed it took a sec for the throttle to go it would cog as i guess its called where it kinda sputters then goes, reverse was weird as im not used to a electric brake before it hits reverse. So if i punched it theres a delay before it goes its a bit weird, is this also normal?

I understand what your saying, back when I was in the hobby before we never had BRAKES. The throttle went from Forward straight to reverse.
When I got back into the hobby earlier this year, the first one I purchased I thought something was wrong with the controller because it had that slight delay and wouldnt go into reverse without double flipping the trigger.
Most of the new stuff you have to be completely stopped before you can get it to go into reverse, they do this to keep from tearing up gears and other drivetrain parts. Its a good idea I guess, but doesn't make much sense because the brakes cause wear also.

You should have an open slot to add the lights. Your receiver is in the box under the esc. The entire module comes out, esc, receiver box, and servo. Apparently the third channel can be programmed to maybe turn lights on from the radio? Not sure but worth checking out.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/TACJ0300-Manual-EN.pdf

I was thinking of adding lights to my Granite, and I figured you could use one or both of the buttons on the side were your thumb sits. But the manual says that these buttons adjust throttle range. I already know from the experience with my Redcat when I put lights on I will also need the control switch for the lights so they can be turned on and off. I was stumped when I did my first set I thought it was as easy as plugging in the wire from the lights to the reciever and then you could push a button on the remote to turn them on and off. It don't work that way.

I was thinking of adding lights to my Granite, and I figured you could use one or both of the buttons on the side were your thumb sits. But the manual says that these buttons adjust throttle range. I already know from the experience with my Redcat when I put lights on I will also need the control switch for the lights so they can be turned on and off. I was stumped when I did my first set I thought it was as easy as plugging in the wire from the lights to the reciever and then you could push a button on the remote to turn them on and off. It don't work that way.

Yeah i ended up buying a Spektrum DX5 Pro radio which has plenty of buttons...lol. My lights will be in this week so we will see how that goes...lol. I will order a switch for this very reason though as i don't need them on all the time.

The Spektrum is a nice radio. I still use the stock one on my Arrma but I bought a Radiolink RC4GS for my Redcat.

So i keep seeing these oval things where the body posts are on other cars, like protectors, what are they i can only find the round ones from RPM.
savers.png

My Granite BLX has those. Im assuming it would help keep the body holes in tact. I'm wondering if a set off a regular Granite 4x4 would fit the BLX model so I can have just the poles, because the ones in the picture only have 2 holes to adjust and on the back you cant even use the short setting It would be to close to the shock towers.

Yeah mine didn't come with them and my pols only have 1 hole each :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back