Granite New to Granite, suggested mods/upgrades/parts i should stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow. Maybe someone in this Forum would know if the old Granite 4x4 body posts will work on the new BLX model.

I just found some RPM 81392 A-Arms, description says they will fit the Granite BLX, but the BLX doesn't have upper front A-Arms Maybe some one out there will know that answer to.

I would like to have some of Traxxas style body post mounts but I don't think they would fit on the BLX

Since getting my Granite Mega in August I've broken one shock strut rod and one front A arm. Since October my son has broken on his Granite BLX one front A arm and two wheelie bar springs. He also bent one shock rod arm that could not be straightened and had to be replaced.

So, from my limited experience I'd stock up an a few front A arms and a few shocks or shock rebuild kits. IMHO the Granite BLXs wheelie bar spring is of a poor design and not worth replacing with a stock part.
Hi, i broke the wheelie arm spring on my Granite, too. Which spring do you recommend, can you show me the link? I also need some replacemenmet shocks, cause all 4 are loosing oil, its wet all over shock tower. Which one do you recommend? thanks ,

Get some axels if you plan on running 3s , ive been thru 2 pairs already

Axel or driveshafts i should say they break at the U joint on 3s when you're off road and not careful

They come apart right at the U-joint.

oh wow ive never had one snap on me like that usually just wear the hole and pop out

oh wow ive never had one snap on me like that usually just wear the hole and pop out

Same. Most of the time the pins pop out. But I have turn a few. This was when I was running an 1/8 scale buggy motor on 4s. Too much torque!

So far, with my experience, void of any serious direct hits on the A arm areas, Body mounts and wheelie bar. Of course the front bumper will go fast so there is an upgrade but I have just been mending what is left of my two busted ones so far. But I also have back up A arms and steering knuckles in anticipation of an out of control impact on a rock or a rail at a skatepark.

I think those parts will do you solid to keep it rolling if you plan on staying stock. I plan on keeping this stock for the most part because it is a little beast...

So far, with my experience, void of any serious direct hits on the A arm areas, Body mounts and wheelie bar. Of course the front bumper will go fast so there is an upgrade but I have just been mending what is left of my two busted ones so far. But I also have back up A arms and steering knuckles in anticipation of an out of control impact on a rock or a rail at a skatepark.

I think those parts will do you solid to keep it rolling if you plan on staying stock. I plan on keeping this stock for the most part because it is a little beast...

I put my stock Granite bumper on my Typhon for extra protection the stock ones on the Typhon are a joke. And the front A-arms were broke before I got it and they were replace with the Granite/Senton 3s ones I have to change them back once the parts come out. The rear a-arms were upgraded to Typhon 6s ones, I wish the front could have been that way but the design is different. I got my Typhon 3s from my LHS it was a demo model I got a really sweet deal on it.

I was thinking about getting a set for mine I just can't see spending $120 on axles, heck I could replace both front axles for that on my real car.

I had purchased 2 compete sets of the stocks ones for $38 a pop. So $76 for plastic that was just going to break again. I had had enough. I agree they are ridiculously priced but it is so annoying to have a broken wheel driveshaft put an end to your fun. And depending on which half breaks, you have to pull the diff to replace it.

I had purchased 2 compete sets of the stocks ones for $38 a pop. So $76 for plastic that was just going to break again. I had had enough. I agree they are ridiculously priced but it is so annoying to have a broken wheel driveshaft put an end to your fun. And depending on which half breaks, you have to pull the diff to replace it.

I didn't know the stock axles were that much, you do have a good point then. The first chance I get I'm going to buy one set at least, because this summer when I can goto the skate park to bash it I would hate for the plastic ones to break and then it would be down till I got the metal ones in. I already have 2 spare a-arms, 2 turnbuckles and 2 axle stubs on hand for my Granite.

I didn't know the stock axles were that much, you do have a good point then. The first chance I get I'm going to buy one set at least, because this summer when I can goto the skate park to bash it I would hate for the plastic ones to break and then it would be down till I got the metal ones in. I already have 2 spare a-arms, 2 turnbuckles and 2 axle stubs on hand for my Granite.

Get them from Jennys RC. Much cheaper. https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...nton-big-rock-ar102666?variant=12599688101942

Not sure why your saying you have to pull the diff to replace the axels... ive broken plenty of axels either side and front snd back and replaced them out on the field all you need is your 2mm? Wrench and alot of times i can just pop the metal u joint back in the hole and use a lighter to soften the plastic and squeeze it back tight and let it cool

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back