New to lipo and charging systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast Eddie55

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
So I bought a Kraton 8s on Saturday. I have yet to run it. I have been researching batteries and charging systems. (I have been reading for about a month or so). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about the Imars d300 and two sets of batteries 4 in total. 2 middle of the road batteries and two higher end batteries. I just don't want to make a rookie mistake. I was looking at metal boxes and lipo bags as well. I appreciate any of your I site.

So I bought a Kraton 8s on Saturday. I have yet to run it. I have been researching batteries and charging systems. (I have been reading for about a month or so). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about the Imars d300 and two sets of batteries 4 in total. 2 middle of the road batteries and two higher end batteries. I just don't want to make a rookie mistake. I was looking at metal boxes and lipo bags as well. I appreciate any of your I site.
The Imars D300 is a great charger. As far as batteries, I wouldn't go below 7000mah. The Kraton 8s is a VERY power hungry beast. I have some cheaper 5000mah Batts and they only get me about 7 mins of run time. My 72000mah packs get me about 20 mins.

Brace yourself and get ready 😂 a lot of info coming your way! I second hemiguy, the lower mah the shorter your run times will be

I just aceofgens battery's and hovoo in my experience the lower end battery's don't have near the stated capacity the power or punch rating doesn't seem to be different if u want a safer battery try the advanced gens/ace they are expensive but u seem to get what you pay for with battery's

I just aceofgens battery's and hovoo in my experience the lower end battery's don't have near the stated capacity the power or punch rating doesn't seem to be different if u want a safer battery try the advanced gens/ace they are expensive but u seem to get what you pay for with battery's
I will look into those

This is what I run more often then not and I have another basher series one same c same 6800 mah

Screenshot_20240416_183940_Chrome.jpg

I just got an Imars D300, and I haven't tried it yet. My only complaint so far is that the charging cables are really short, so it makes it hard to use a Bat-Safe. I have charging cable extensions coming shortly.
I use these with my toolkit rc charger to be able to keep the battery's farther away from the charger

Screenshot_20240416_184222_Chrome.jpg

Thanks so much I will be taking those out of the cart
Good call. I haven't had any issues with my few Spektrum batteries, but they are not worth the extra money, especially if you don't use Spektrum radio systems. I only bought them when my LHS only had Spectrum LiPos in a certain combination of cells and connectors at the time I needed a battery quick.

This is what I run more often then not and I have another basher series one same c same 6800 mah

View attachment 361288
Thanks for the information ( rookie ? is 100c going to be enough to keep up with the power drawl or should I be looking for 120c?). I don't know if I am even saying that correctly. I was under the impression from the internet of corse lol the higher the c rating the cooler the battery stays. I know the truck says 100c. Would a higher c rate be more beneficial? Or is this just splitting hairs.

I use these with my toolkit rc charger to be able to keep the battery's farther away from the charger

View attachment 361289
Nice I like it I put them in the cart

Good call. I haven't had any issues with my few Spektrum batteries, but they are not worth the extra money, especially if you don't use Spektrum radio systems. I only bought them when my LHS only had Spectrum LiPos in a certain combination of cells and connectors at the time I needed a battery quick.
Thanks 😊

View attachment 361289
I already have balance extensions - it's the XT60 charging cables that come with the D300 that are too short to use with a Bat-Safe. Even with the Imars D300 right next to the Bat-Safe, there is barely enough cable inside the Bat-Safe to connect with a battery.

Back