Senton New to the forum and the rc world.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamoTigers90

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just got a used Senton 4x4 Blx 3s. Been learning and working on it. As I inherited some guys sketchy Frankenstein build. But none the less. I've enjoyed learning to work on it. I had to get a new esc.(Spektrum 120A black edition) And just recently a new Blx 3660 3200Kv. Front Motor bearing on the original went out. And now the new one after Only had it in the truck 2 days and the motor bearing went out. Believe they are going to send me a new one. But as a newbie. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this. I've heard of cutting a slit in the chassis. And taping the bottom of the power module. I run mostly in my yard and have a bunch of sand. Others said changing out the stock bearings asap. Anyone have a good recommendation on which bearings to get or any other pointers. Thanks any help and advice in advance

20240523_173100.jpg

Also are there any good ways to get the stuck outer race out of the old motor. Bought my dad the same truck and his motor bearing went out at the same time.

Last edited:
Welcome to the AF. I don't have any experience with the 3s, but grabbing a Fast Eddy bearing kit could be a good idea. Apparently, it has bushings in the steering rack - the Fast Eddy kit doesn't come with these, so you'll need 4 5x10x4mm bearings there. There's lots of info on your rig in the forum, good luck!

Welcome aboard! The motor bearings are notorious for going out on those motors, as you can probably see by now. Cutting a slit in the chassis or sealing the power module won't really help with that much, but I will keep your power module & spur/pinion gears cleaner. I cut holes in all my 3S chassis to allow the dirt to escape and not get trapped in there. Typically a lot of us upgrade when things break instead of replacing it with the same stock components. The stock electronics are OK for some, but they're not the best by far. I'd look into a Hobbywing motor, or even Surpass Hobby & Hobbystar if you wanna save a few dollars. Unlike ESCs, you don't have to spend a lot on a motor to get something decent.

Welcome to the AF. I don't have any experience with the 3S, but grabbing a Fast Eddy bearing kit could be a good idea. Apparently, it has bushings in the steering rack - the Fast Eddy kit doesn't come with these, so you'll need 4 5x10x4mm bearings there. There's lots of info on your rig in the forum, good luck!
+1 on the Fast Eddys if you want to repair & reuse the stock motor.

Welcome aboard! I've used the fast eddy bearing sets with good luck. And for motor bearings I use TRB ceramic hybrid bearings, had really good luck with them also. As stated above the factory electronics aren't the best and many upgrade. Lots of good guys with knowledge here!

Welcome to the forum !!!

I too replaced the blx motor bearings on my Big Rock a while back. Its a nice motor but lots of option available if you are planning to upgrade. As mentioned above, a full bearing kit inclusive of steering rack bearings is a wise investment.

5x13x4 and 5x16x5 is what I use for the blx motor, latter being shaft side.

Welcome aboard! The motor bearings are notorious for going out on those motors, as you can probably see by now. Cutting a slit in the chassis or sealing the power module won't really help with that much, but I will keep your power module & spur/pinion gears cleaner. I cut holes in all my 3S chassis to allow the dirt to escape and not get trapped in there. Typically a lot of us upgrade when things break instead of replacing it with the same stock components. The stock electronics are OK for some, but they're not the best by far. I'd look into a Hobbywing motor, or even Surpass Hobby & Hobbystar if you wanna save a few dollars. Unlike ESCs, you don't have to spend a lot on a motor to get something decent.

+1 on the Fast Eddys if you want to repair & reuse the stock motor.
When replacing the motor with a different one does it have to be the same size, and what difference does the Kv make? I'm not trying to get top speed because I'm just bashing around the yard.

Just got a used Senton 4x4 Blx 3s. Been learning and working on it. As I inherited some guys sketchy Frankenstein build. But none the less. I've enjoyed learning to work on it. I had to get a new esc.(Spektrum 120A black edition) And just recently a new Blx 3660 3200Kv. Front Motor bearing on the original went out. And now the new one after Only had it in the truck 2 days and the motor bearing went out. Believe they are going to send me a new one. But as a newbie. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this. I've heard of cutting a slit in the chassis. And taping the bottom of the power module. I run mostly in my yard and have a bunch of sand. Others said changing out the stock bearings asap. Anyone have a good recommendation on which bearings to get or any other pointers. Thanks any help and advice in advance

View attachment 368292

Also are there any good ways to get the stuck outer race out of the old motor. Bought my dad the same truck and his motor bearing went out at the same time.
Welcome to AF 😁👍

When replacing the motor with a different one does it have to be the same size, and what difference does the Kv make? I'm not trying to get top speed because I'm just bashing around the yard.
I'm running this ESC. Firma 120A Black Edition Brushless Smart ESC, 3S-4S. What would be a good motor to match this? Thought the guys at the hobby shop would be better help but I'll be living in this forum for my guidance. Thanks for all the help

Welcome to the Ranch!

You and your dad are going to have a blast! Once you get y'all's rigs back in order.

If you're driving in sandy areas.. I'd advise against cutting the drain slot under the power module. It's just going to allow more sand into your gears & grease and make a gritty mess to grind down your bearings and spur gear even faster.

Check out JennysRC.com
It's a great resource for cheap OEM parts.

Try to find a large open field/park to give those trucks some running room..
Have fun ripping it with your father!

And here's some helpful links >>

How-to's:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mega-4x4-how-to-videos.5498/

Upgrades:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommended-arrma-4x4-blx-and-mega-upgrades.6405/

For casual bashing I tend to stay within the ballpark of the stock motor. The lower the KV, the cooler it "should" run, but you don't wanna go too low, or else you'll lose efficiency. For example, I'm running a 2700kv motor in my Senton, it's capable of 4S, but I always run on 3S. Lower KV motors also give you more low end grunt, in theory. To compensate for the lower KV, I upped my pinion gear by 2 or 3 teeth (can't remember exactly how many). You can go with a higher KV than stock as well, you'll probable see more heat generated in the motor, and depending on gearing, you'll probably gain a little more speed. There is a threshold of too high a KV though, the motor would spin too fast and ultimately end up cooking itself. Rule of thumb, if you go down to a lower KV, then gear up (bigger pinion), and if you go to a higher KV motor, then gear down.

Welcome to the family!

Back