Grom New typhon grom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you say metal gears do you mean metal diffs as well? or just the pinion/spur?
Unless they changed something, the granite comes with metal ring and pinion diffs but the internal spiders are plastic.

When you say metal gears do you mean metal diffs as well? or just the pinion/spur?
I was wondering this as the Granite Grom comes with plastic diffs irrc.

Unless they changed something, the granite comes with metal ring and pinion diffs but the internal spiders are plastic.
Oh.

There’s this now..
6D3B7146-DD1B-41B8-B371-EA51B2331FFF.png

but it’s not functional yet. We can see an msrp of $139 though.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/typhon-grom-4x4-smart-small-scale-buggy/ARA2106.html

Think I may pick one up for my father in law. That or a granite grom. Trying to get him into the hobby.

I want to get one and put in a Micro X2. That's about 120$. Quickly becomes a 250$ car.
this is my thought as well. I know I would instantly want to put something better in and I will need new lipo too lol

this is my thought as well. I know I would instantly want to put something better in and I will need new lipo too lol
That's why I waited for a slider and just did it right the first time.

Not sure why people are having diff issues, throw 1M fluid in both diffs and I've got dozens of 2S packs through our brushless 4500kV Grom. The kids standing backflip and ramp crash at 30mph all the time, little bit of E6000 on the rear body from minor cracks otherwise it's like new. AGFRC micro servo/HW 16BL30 esc is smooth with OE gearing.

IMG_1223.jpeg

That's why I waited for a slider and just did it right the first time.

Not sure why people are having diff issues, throw 1M fluid in both diffs and I've got dozens of 2S packs through our brushless 4500kV Grom. The kids standing backflip and ramp crash at 30mph all the time, little bit of E6000 on the rear body from minor cracks otherwise it's like new. AGFRC micro servo/HW 16BL30 esc is smooth with OE gearing.

View attachment 352999

These little cars don't need much as far as power systems go either. The Mamba Micro X2 is way more than what you will ever need anyway. What you have is probably perfect.

These little cars don't need much as far as power systems go either. The Mamba Micro X2 is way more than what you will ever need anyway. What you have is probably perfect.
Expecting any RC to bash at double the speed or 20+mph more than it was designed to perform with is generally a recipe for disaster, doesn't matter the scale.

Bruhhh

Arrma just stalling. They haven't annonced the typhon grom this Thursday. So maybe next week. The vorteks and the mojave probably for Christmas if they keep this pace up. The typhon grom chassis leaked on october 2023. Been 5 months since

Back