Big Rock NEW UPGRADES AND PAINT!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLXgrassKILLER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
Finally got around to installing a wing and 6s shocks. Also re did my servo mount and I can say the truck is FINALLY performing FLAWLESSLY!!! Soooooo much speed and power on 4s.....BLOWS MY MIND.

20210925_191403.jpg

20210925_191051.jpg

20210925_190945.jpg

20210925_190952.jpg

Nice rig. What turnbuckles are those? And what's going on with the steering servo? You flipped it?

Nice rig. What turnbuckles are those? And what's going on with the steering servo? You flipped it?
The turnbuckles are stock with HR red aluminum pivot balls. I made the "extra" rear one SS threaded rod cut to length. The steering servo is HR 6s also custom fitted.

Hoons look good on the BRCC. And the clear windows. Well done. Inspiration for my BRCC makeover. 👍

Hoons look good on the BRCC. And the clear windows. Well done. Inspiration for my BRCC makeover. 👍
Thank you! I love the look of the hoons Just wish they'd last a bit longer than they do. I used the new window stickers and made a simple template, then traced that on to some green frog tape. So far it's been my best paint job to date. I did however make a stupid move by pulling the throttle 100% causing it to cyclone itself upside-down roughing up a few spots. But hey..... that's the name of the game.

Was just going to use the window stickers but made go clear after seeing yours. Got black and gun metal colours. Not yet sure which one to use or both.

How did you custom fit that, could you please expound that a little?

Man that rig looks cool and clean.
Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.
OK....So here goes! I'm going to try and explain this servo setup with pictures of all my trials. Assuming the pictures load in order, it should somewhat show what I did. I guess the main thing making the HR6s servo mount work is my skid plate that I made back when I first started upgrading.
There was some filing of the HR bell crank involved due to the stock angle the mounting surface/hole is made. My setup required the angle to be flat and horizontal with the car. The rough looking round aluminum "tube" attached to the bell crank is 3/8" aluminum dow that I center drilled all the way through for a bolt. Hopefully the pictures explain the rest. Oh yeah.... finding the location to drill out for the posts required dry fitting all parts and powering the car on making sure EVERYTHING was centered then marking the four holes. Then simply removing everything and drilling down from the top side of the car. Obviously using a tiny drill bit until everything was checked and confirmed, then drill out to correct size for mounting screws.

20201021_214609.jpg

20210926_152051.jpg

20210926_152323.jpg

20210926_152502.jpg

20210926_153852.jpg

20210926_154041.jpg

I like the orange body. Is that PS metallic orange backed by PS silver? The clear windows are a nice touch.

I like the orange body. Is that PS metallic orange backed by PS silver? The clear windows are a nice touch.
Thank you! I was surprised how nice that orange turned out myself. Honestly I had originally planned on getting EXTRA fancy with the paint job. But eventually just wanted it done and chose to do clear windows, paint and stickers. The orange is not backed. It was about three coats straight to the inside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back