New wing mount???

Would you want one?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3d-rc.myshopify.com

Eat,sleep and breath Arrma
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Senton 3s
I had a request to make a medium sized wing mount for the typhon and tailon. Something in between the high and low profile. I’m debating if this is something worth adding to inventory? Would you see a need or want for something like that?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Who doesn't like options!! lol

I'd understand if it was a hassle for you, but I love your wing mounts. I'd buy more, but they work so DARN GOOD! 😅
Lol everyone likes options that’s for sure. Speaking of the 4th is just Around the corner make sure to get all the red white and blue parts you need lol

I purchased 4 of the mid sized mounts this weekend. I kept breaking the low profile ones on my Typhon. Couldn't possibly be driver error lol. Switched to the high mount and have had no breakage. I do not like the look though. I am hoping for a happy medium and plenty of flex. And I can use on my Talion, just broke the stock mounts this weekend.

I'm using your standard one on the Talion with great success. Don't think i would get the medium-sized one.
No opinion on Typhon.
Broke 2 on my Typhon this year. Went to the tall one hasn't broke for weeks. Don't like the look too high for the Typhon. Trying the low profile on the talion. Because I had one, this weekend. Looking forward to try the mid profile should have them soon. Driver error obviously.

I'd try those. A mid sized option is definitely a good move. Better aerodynamically for use who use the Talion as a street ripper. The high mount can be a bit too high and cause the car to be slower on road. Are they on the site yet?

I'd try those. A mid sized option is definitely a good move. Better aerodynamically for use who use the Talion as a street ripper. The high mount can be a bit too high and cause the car to be slower on road. Are they on the site yet?
Not as of yet. Still waiting on a few people to get back to me on how the fitment is and how they are holding up.

I might make a few black and red ones and see how they hold up.
I'd buy at least 2 to test out for you...I make a good test dummy!
inbox me we can arrange for that.

Did these ever make it to the website? I was just going to order a low pro mount for my Typhon as I too don't really care for the looks of the high one(which has held up amazing), but if the low ones tend to break, I'd definitely buy a medium one as a test dummy as well

I'm not a fan of 3d printed parts mainly because of the cheap look .but that's my opinion and I'm sure many out there love them .anyways I say make both sizes and just hold on to them .someone will want one.like mentioned before as long as it's not a hassle for you to make.but anyways good luck with these 3d things 😆🤟

To me the medium version is a success. I have them on both the Talion and Typhon. More flex than short ones. Carry an extra one with me when racing/bashing just in case. Gave it to a fellow racer after his broke first thing that day. He also loves it now. Positive word of mouth is getting around the local track. Keep up the good work!

To me the medium version is a success. I have them on both the Talion and Typhon. More flex than short ones. Carry an extra one with me when racing/bashing just in case. Gave it to a fellow racer after his broke first thing that day. He also loves it now. Positive word of mouth is getting around the local track. Keep up the good work!
+1
I started with the high mount on my Typhon, and honestly, I believe it's the toughest of all 3 sizes, because there's more material which let's it flex further without breaking. I had some absolutely awful lawn dart landings that I thought for sure I was going to break something, and never did.. that said, the medium height one is holding up great so far, and looks perfect on the Typhon imo... I could see where it MIGHT break, as it's slightly more rigid than the high mount one, but it still takes a beating the stock one could never... And the exb bumper with the 3DRC support is a must too!!

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of 3d printed parts mainly because of the cheap look .but that's my opinion and I'm sure many out there love them .anyways I say make both sizes and just hold on to them .someone will want one.like mentioned before as long as it's not a hassle for you to make.but anyways good luck with these 3d things 😆🤟
Have you seen these? I ask because they really don't look like the cheap stuff at all and I know what you mean( I think) about the cheap look of some 3d prints. And in color they pop

Have you seen these? I ask because they really don't look like the cheap stuff at all and I know what you mean( I think) about the cheap look of some 3d prints. And in color they pop
Yes I did see the pics above .I even have freinds with very high end printers and to me they all look cheap.i don't mean price wise and I mean the overall look .to me a molded injected part is better looking ..and maybey how the color look on the 3d parts to me look like toys.hard to explain I suppose.i don't know how else to say it lol.just not a fan of 3 d parts.and I won't buy them.and pretty much everyone that steps into our local hobby shop or the track won't use them.they laugh .but I'm not gonna tell anyone not to buy them ..that's on them and I'm not saying anything bad about them other than the cheap look. Like I said it's my opinion and doesn't matter .if people like them then that's awesome..cool..

Damm I forgot to add my photo when I said have you seen these. Oops

10-4 I respect your opinion. Definitely missing out on the insane durability over the stock stuff. Always good to get different opinions and views. Not at all wanting to change your mind, just share thoughts. The beauty in it all is what makes everything unique.

Back