New Yikong line-up - Nice, but the question is does it really matter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandracer_NL

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
Ok, first of all I just had my first Yikong car (Trailbreaker 7) order automatically cancelled (and refunded), because the Yikomg factory was not able to ship ii within ONE MONTH!😳. Although that can happen, but what I really hate if you don’t get any update and only when you almost ‘beg’ for an update on why you suddenly see ‘cancelled’ and when the car will be available again. No response on the latter part of the question, so obviously I did not re-order.
Now on a more positive note: I just came across this vid and I really like what I’m seeing, so I hope they actually will be able to ship products and spare parts and at least have somewhat basic communication skills.

This Daz guy posts a lot of new info.

He had a vid on the new ZD racing rc cars, which are a breath of fresh air vs the all-one-piece plastic 1/16 cars every other brand is making (however much I may love them).
Metal chassis, slipper clutch, adjustable everything- links, shocks, etc. A nice mini on a more traditional platform.

Ok, first of all I just had my first Yikong car (Trailbreaker 7) order automatically cancelled (and refunded), because the Yikomg factory was not able to ship ii within ONE MONTH!😳. Although that can happen, but what I really hate if you don’t get any update and only when you almost ‘beg’ for an update on why you suddenly see ‘cancelled’ and when the car will be available again. No response on the latter part of the question, so obviously I did not re-order.
Now on a more positive note: I just came across this vid and I really like what I’m seeing, so I hope they actually will be able to ship products and spare parts and at least have somewhat basic communication skills.

I’d still be apprehensive. If they can’t even ship the whole model I wouldn’t have any faith whatsoever in the availability of parts. Maybe give it some time? Rlaarlo was like that for a long time but they’re getting better. They still have some issues with new product releases having replacement parts support and it takes them months sometimes to get that on track.

I’d still be apprehensive. If they can’t even ship the whole model I wouldn’t have any faith whatsoever in the availability of parts. Maybe give it some time? Rlaarlo was like that for a long time but they’re getting better. They still have some issues with new product releases having replacement parts support and it takes them months sometimes to get that on track.
Have you ever bought a new Arrma vehicle? Parts for it are rarely ever available when the car is released and the parts that break the most are out of stock for months at a time or in the case of the TLR Typhon they weren't available for almost a year. There have been many many occasions where Jenny's rc is the only way to get parts.
The new Kraton 6S EXB has parts that are still on backorder.....

Have you ever bought a new Arrma vehicle? Parts for it are rarely ever available when the car is released and the parts that break the most are out of stock for months at a time or in the case of the TLR Typhon they weren't available for almost a year. There have been many many occasions where Jenny's rc is the only way to get parts.
The new Kraton 6S EXB has parts that are still on backorder.....
I was just going to say something like this. If you run a newly released Arrma vehicle hard and break it, you might be down for months waiting for replacement parts. I usually wait for a few months after release of a new Arrma vehicle to buy one, and only after I read on the forum that parts are readily available.

And Jenny's RC has been a lifesaver for me when I needed parts quick on older vehicles. One of the grub screws in the front axle of my new Infraction 6s stripped the first time I tried to remove it. While I waited for warranty parts to arrive from HH, I bought the individual parts from Jenny's. It took two weeks for the HH parts to arrive, after two shipments over a two-week period to get them all. Thanks to Jenny's, the Infraction was up and running in three days vice two weeks. I'm using the HH parts as spares.

They look like a show room full of other peoples trucks, is Yikong a factory house brand?

Back