Typhon No throttle from ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plopfart

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My son has a brand new Typhon 4x4 v3 Mega 550 and after about 10 minutes, it will not move. Wheels turn and we hear the motor revving but no throttle power. I have seen some posts about resetting the ESC by holding down a “set” button but we don’t see a “set” button on this model. Any ideas??

If you hear the motor rev, the ESC is doing it's job. Check your pinion and spur gear...sounds like something could be stripped.

+1
A mechanical issue. Not electrical.
Pinion and spur are not meshed. (Motor mount screws loosened) Or Pinion grub screw/set screw loosened. Time to wrench and remove the Power Module, to have a look see. Have some Threadlocker "Blue" on hand for the metal on metal screws in question here. TL Blue must cure for 24 hours before use. A small drop on the threads is all you need. May need heat at the screws if they won't loosen easily. Careful not to strip the hexes. Don't use the "L" wrenches. Only use quality Hex hand drivers. Food for thought.
DO NOT power it up again until you look into this. You may damage the gears further, if not bricked already. Have the manual in hand for help removing the power module. Need to mesh the gears properly. Research this if you are not sure how to. There are videos in regards.
Good luck.
Get back.:cool:

Last edited:
Could be the spur stripped and/or the motor became loose and the mesh became too loose.

If you hear the motor rev, the ESC is doing it's job. Check your pinion and spur gear...sounds like something could be stripped.
Thank you sooo much. I opened it up and while the pinion/spur was not stripped, the motor looked like it had moved so they were not engaged. Working again. I really appreciate your help!!
Could be the spur stripped and/or the motor became loose and the mesh became too loose.

Thank you sooo much. I opened it up and while the pinion/spur was not stripped, the motor looked like it had moved so they were not engaged. Working again. I really appreciate your help!!
Just make sure the mesh is set correctly so that you don't strip out the spur or overheat the motor quickly!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back