Notorious Noob advice- notorious dif repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papad617

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hey guys, any advice for me? among other things, I need to replace one of the front dif outdrive pieces (drivers side lol), where the dogbone goes in. I’ve never taken apart the dif before and am curious what I should think about in advance....will I need any special tools? Or fluid? What will I need to do this? Should I clean and rebuild the whole thing while I’m in there/. If so what do I need? I feel like every time I do a repair I get into it to only realize I am missing a piece or needed something I didn’t think about (tool or whatever) and I want to try to think this one through in advance...the difs scare me a bit lol.....any advice is appreciated thx!

The question needed to know is why do you need to replace the diff cup? Did it break externally? If so you most likely will only need that cup. If it broke internally it might just simply be the pin on the sun gear. If you thrashed an internal gear and there are pieces floating around, I'd replace all the gears. You will need new diff gear fluid either way.

The question needed to know is why do you need to replace the diff cup? Did it break externally? If so you most likely will only need that cup. If it broke internally it might just simply be the pin on the sun gear. If you thrashed an internal gear and there are pieces floating around, I'd replace all the gears. You will need new diff gear fluid either way.
Yes it broke externally. So I just bought the cup. But I didn’t buy fluid so I guess I need that too. Thx!

Yes it broke externally. So I just bought the cup. But I didn’t buy fluid so I guess I need that too. Thx!
If it broke externally then there's no need for fluid UNLESS it's something you were planning on changing out anyways then you might as well since you'll be busting open the diff housing anyways :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back