Senton Odd diagnostic code?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sentonist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So, I've heard of a few different ones, but this diagnostic code for the Arrma Senton 3s BLX is a pretty extensive one. The only thing that comes to mind of what it might be is some sort of water damage, as last I used it, I was going through some water puddles.
I also have no ability to control the steering/throttle

Video :

Esc is stuck in throttle calibration mode. The different beeps are set off when you set neutral, full throttle, reverse (brake).

There is a button next to the switch it is a programming button. You turn the switch on while holding the program button to go into programming mode. This is where you program the esc to recognize the throttle positions of your transmitter also to program (change) settings of the esc.

I'd like to think that my manual would show me how to reset the esc, it does however show how to reset the transmitter, but no where do I see how to factory reset the esc

It should be where it shows you how to change the punch settings. Try this:
Turn on transmitter
Turn on truck
Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release
The red and green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset the ESC.
Switch the ESC off and the factory reset in complete.

It should be where it shows you how to change the punch settings. Try this:
Turn on transmitter
Turn on truck
Press and hold the set button for 4 seconds and release
The red and green lights will flash simultaneously to show you have reset the ESC.
Switch the ESC off and the factory reset in complete.
it kinda seems to just be ignoring it, so powering on transmitter then esc, it starts the beeping, then I held the set button for 4 seconds, and it still beeps

it kinda seems to just be ignoring it, so powering on transmitter then esc, it starts the beeping, then I held the set button for 4 seconds, and it still beeps

Send it in for warranty. It sounds like it's fooked.

Send it in for warranty. It sounds like it's fooked.
with all the issues it was giving me, I'd rather get another one, lol. horizon told me they are out of stock, but they told me I might be able to go to my LHS that deals arrma products, swap mine out for one he has, and horizon can send him another ecs

with all the issues it was giving me, I'd rather get another one, lol. horizon told me they are out of stock, but they told me I might be able to go to my LHS that deals arrma products, swap mine out for one he has, and horizon can send him another ecs

Yes - do that. Test it before you leave the shop (assuming they will swap it for you) and make sure the other issue you had is fixed.

Yes - do that. Test it before you leave the shop (assuming they will swap it for you) and make sure the other issue you had is fixed.
oh yeah, for sure. But for this shop owner, I'd probably prefer to install it myself, since the guy there didn't do too well a job at retrofitting a hex nut that didn't fit it properly at all, which ruined the front steering block and the rear hubs, and all the inner and outer bearings due to overheating

Many people had this problem with the Traxxas set that caused for the adapter to be bored out - plain laziness on their part considering the abilities of most Traxxas owners. I wouldn't screw around with trying to make stuff like that fit. There are hex adapters available in all sizes that will fit this truck. As for ESCs being stuck in program mode, there's no way to get in unstuck. It's a fault in the firmware that causes it. It can affect all HW products, from the cheap knockoffs to the max5, albeit a very small percentage. Of all the HW ESCs I've owned (nearly 100), only 1 had this problem.

Many people had this problem with the Traxxas set that caused for the adapter to be bored out - plain laziness on their part considering the abilities of most Traxxas owners. I wouldn't screw around with trying to make stuff like that fit. There are hex adapters available in all sizes that will fit this truck. As for ESCs being stuck in program mode, there's no way to get in unstuck. It's a fault in the firmware that causes it. It can affect all HW products, from the cheap knockoffs to the max5, albeit a very small percentage. Of all the HW ESCs I've owned (nearly 100), only 1 had this problem.
Fortunately in terms of the hex nut, I did find one (Tekno 12mm 1654x) that would fit it, and it worked sooo much better than the others. But yeah, that's pretty unfortunate that my ecs is bricked, at least arrma has a warranty on it, because there would be no way in heck that I'd spend 100 bucks for the same one

I'm actually pretty satisfactory with the stock motor, for being a complete newbie at real hobby r/c's, the 3s is overpowered enough

I'm sure you are I just mentioned what I referenced that for the price they want for a new BLX100 from ARRMA you could get the esc to fix/change your current one and could even get a another esc/motor for the same price.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back