Infraction Off-road Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an Infraction chassis- just an XO-1 body, all Arrma other than the body
It’s been months since I’ve looked at my infraction and why it’s for sale, definitely not a good idea for any jumping

Well everyone, I have some exciting news about the build!😅 I got an email notification that the new kraton shocks had been delivered today, so I rushed home from work, got them topped off w/ oil & installed. Also raised the body mounts up about 1/2" or so. All told got me about 3/4" more ground clearance. Took it out for a proper rip & it was handling beautifully. Cornering great in the grass (minus a little body rub) & on the street. Couldn't get anywhere near full throttle, but it absolutely screams!!!! But then...was coming off a little high speed low altitude jump off the neighbor's driveway & the front splitter caught a sharp rise in the sidewalk. It stopped really abruptly & I feared the worst, but I drove it back to me. Just got done tearing into it & most of the damage is bent screws, oblong screw holes & the bottom plastic splitter/chassis plate is kinda wonky looking. Notice how I said "most"? Yeah, the very front of the chassis looks like a snow shovel now!!😆🤕😵
Ok, I kinda knew that this was a distinct possibility, but on the 1st run?!?!🤣 Wrecking stuff on the 1st run after all the hours of work I've put in isn't exactly a new thing for me, but it doesn't mean that it isn't really deflating tho. I know how I like to drive my rigs & EVERY time I strap a battery in there's a possibility of some carnage, but I'll be honest- this one hurts even tho the damage is repairable. I'm gonna mull it over, weigh my options & make a decision in the next few days. I can try to bend the chassis back & give it another go or I can just build it out on one of the Kraton chassis that I already have (I have 2 stockers & an exb)
Guess maybe I was a little too optimistic, foolhardy, stoopid, etc but I love trying new & different things- with varying degrees of success 😃🤷‍♂️ I'm continuing to grow & learn in this hobby & sometimes it takes great failures to make great progress.
@ least I didn't hack up that beautiful body if it's just gonna end up back on the shelf!!😉😂 Will definitely update when a decision is made 😃👍🤘

View attachment 294172

View attachment 294173

View attachment 294174

View attachment 294175

View attachment 294176

View attachment 294177

View attachment 294178

I can feel your anguish..
After putting in the time and effort to build this monster.
But it's not that bad.. You can easily hammer tap that out and get it back into shape.

Hope to see your Infraction R(ally) back up and running soon! 🤘🍺👊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back