Jim's Infraction 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I've started modding my Infraction 6s a bit - nothing too serious, just a few things I wanted to change to my liking. As it stands now, the mods are:

Hobbywing Max8 G2 ESC
Hobbywing 2250kv motor
Tekno 18T pinion
Sincecam 35kg coreless servo (from Amazon)
M2C Racing carbon fiber shock towers
M2C Racing CF steering deck
M2C Racing CF Ackerman bar
No-name CF center chassis brace

Because this is a vehicle that will primarily be used on pavement, I don't see the need to change the steering bell cranks, hinge pin mounts, and other items I normally upgrade to aluminum on my offroad vehicles.

I dislike Spektrum ESCs and motors: I much prefer Hobbywing. I might have considered a Max6 G2 and 1650kv if I wanted to do speed runs, but the Max8 is perfect for hooning around and the places available to me to run it. Hell, I haven't been able to get the throttle over 3/4 yet before I run out of room. I need to find a better place to run.

Last edited:
I've started modding my Infraction 6s a bit - nothing too serious, just a few things I wanted to change to my liking. As it stands now, the mods are:

Hobbywing Max8 G2 ESC
Hobbywing 2250kv motor
Tekno 18T pinion
Sincecam 35kg coreless servo (from Amazon)
M2C Racing carbon fiber shock towers
M2C Racing CF steering deck
M2C Racing CF Ackerman bar
No-name CF center chassis brace

Because this is a vehicle that will primarily be used on pavement, I don't see the need to change the steering bell cranks, hinge pin mounts, and other items I normally upgrade to aluminum on my offroad vehicles.

I dislike Spektrum ESCs and motors: I much prefer Hobbywing. I might have considered a Max6 G2 and 1650kv if I wanted to do speed runs, but the Max8 is perfect for hooning around and the places available to me to run it. Hell, I haven't been able to get the throttle over 3/4 yet before I run out of room. I need to find a better place to run.
Love the picks!

I agree not to change out the other items. Mine is all street and for bashing on smooth, clean asphalt only!

I did find benefit changing out the front spring only to 32in/lb over the 27in/lb for my low stance and bashing style. Before I knew about HW, I put a Firma 160A on it so you should love the HW.

M2C droop screws are a must to keep it from digging into the chassis, or the upgraded Arrma droops are still better than stock droop screws. I found no issues with the stock Ackerman over needing a better servo. Drifting use very little steering turn and power slide it to make turns. I'm running 19T Tekno pinion on stock motor and she flies for drifting however the better pinion is great!

I cleaned up all the slop with shims all over so keep eye out over time as you work on the rig...can start with the hubs/axles & steering upper arms, etc. shimming those areas.

Can't wait to see it come together....exciting (y)

Love the picks!

I agree not to change out the other items. Mine is all street and for bashing on smooth, clean asphalt only!

I did find benefit changing out the front spring only to 32in/lb over the 27in/lb for my low stance and bashing style. Before I knew about HW, I put a Firma 160A on it so you should love the HW.

M2C droop screws are a must to keep it from digging into the chassis, or the upgraded Arrma droops are still better than stock droop screws. I found no issues with the stock Ackerman over needing a better servo. Drifting use very little steering turn and power slide it to make turns. I'm running 19T Tekno pinion on stock motor and she flies for drifting however the better pinion is great!

I cleaned up all the slop with shims all over so keep eye out over time as you work on the rig...can start with the hubs/axles & steering upper arms, etc. shimming those areas.

Can't wait to see it come together....exciting (y)
I forgot about the droop screws: I have a good set on my Kraton 6s, and I will buy a better set for the Infraction.

The main reason for swapping out the Ackerman was that it came in a set from M2C that included the two shock towers, the steering deck, and the Ackerman

I forgot to add the Rocket 40mm aluminum-framed 16,000 RPM fan on a Powerhobby clamp-on fan mount and two RamJam Racing titanium motor mount screws. The motor mount screws have a combination of a 3mm socket head and 7mm outside hex head for great leverage in tightening.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126316675657?itmmeta=01HRY63MWFMJRCV0ZH692MCQ64&hash=item1d690f8249:g:cxAAAOSwCD1lv~3a&itmprp=enc:AQAIAAAA8AkBBkW10ejlH/cuGXKY1HR8XkW/UReGb1aIfYQ72kHrjGGs+3cVxsJPa77sHzt+nrhLT49xm64+gL1rDJQcoWSlKo6yMZdiiAX21xx0sL6uPKwWvqZ3o9iH4UASwaRBvpG2+7yKGEEoPaDDtKbjRhxFX6a/GofWNVLYkrMlDFYOIW11Dfm97kKIkoX7kUUcDwlLQLvLgJwNoEambLUhs/4QcHmc0Hq5dNy3G8gILmXaUtxWQlSKdWGzfD7HzE9ZnnI3V31GJ4w1ISrdYzj2bG1GsCJHu8PA44rNKpA3gh44ipf4KCmYXNZiOcoqn1BqRQ==|tkp:BFBMrs6Oxsdj

Last edited:
I forgot about the droop screws: I have a good set on my Kraton 6s, and I will buy a better set for the Infraction.

The main reason for swapping out the Ackerman was that it came in a set from M2C that included the two shock towers, the steering deck, and the Ackerman

I forgot to add the Rocket 40mm aluminum-framed 16,000 RPM fan on a Powerhobby clamp-on fan mount and two RamJam Racing titanium motor mount screws. The motor mount screws have a combination of a 3mm socket head and 7mm outside hex head for great leverage in tightening.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126316675657?itmmeta=01HRY63MWFMJRCV0ZH692MCQ64&hash=item1d690f8249:g:cxAAAOSwCD1lv~3a&itmprp=enc:AQAIAAAA8AkBBkW10ejlH/cuGXKY1HR8XkW/UReGb1aIfYQ72kHrjGGs+3cVxsJPa77sHzt+nrhLT49xm64+gL1rDJQcoWSlKo6yMZdiiAX21xx0sL6uPKwWvqZ3o9iH4UASwaRBvpG2+7yKGEEoPaDDtKbjRhxFX6a/GofWNVLYkrMlDFYOIW11Dfm97kKIkoX7kUUcDwlLQLvLgJwNoEambLUhs/4QcHmc0Hq5dNy3G8gILmXaUtxWQlSKdWGzfD7HzE9ZnnI3V31GJ4w1ISrdYzj2bG1GsCJHu8PA44rNKpA3gh44ipf4KCmYXNZiOcoqn1BqRQ==|tkp:BFBMrs6Oxsdj
Good adds (y)

Wow! I like those motor screws...keeper for sure! Thx

Good adds (y)

Wow! I like those motor screws...keeper for sure! Thx
They are great: I have no more worries about stripping the heads of the stock button head adjusting screws when used with a stock motor mount. If the internal 3mm hex strips on the titanium screws (highly unlikely), you still have the external 7mm head to loosen or tighten the screws.

I have the Max8 G2 + 4278SD combo on my Infrax 6S, but I had to gear it down to 13T because it was overheating (even with dual 30mm rocket fans) with the VIPAZ tires. It lasts much longer but I'll have to keep an eye on the temps as the weather warms up.

I went AVID Ti Domed Droop Screws for my Infraction.

Droops

Low impact situation.
I looked more closely at the droop screws in my Infraction 6s, and they are the type that can be adjusted from the top with a 2mm hex driver. No need to replace them.

Back