Infraction and Vendetta Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cancelthefuture

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vendetta
I wanted to share my silly builds this week, Infraction 6s got an 8s upgrade with Castle Mamba Monster X 8s and 1717 1650kv motor which left me with some new electronics for the Vendetta. I was mostly okay with the Infraction electronics, but I did have some heat issues while running GRPs. The Vendetta has heat issues literally every time I run it even on stock 20 tooth pinion. It's kind of funny, I didn't think of these as worthy of a build thread but now that I've written it out these builds seem a bit out there.

For Infraction 8s I'm running:
MMX8s with 40mm Rocket fan
Castle Cappack 2240uF
1717 1650kv motor with 20 tooth pinion to match stock speed on 6s.
2 35mm Rocket Fans on Exotek 40mm mount, that didn't really work how I hoped so I ordered some amazon junk taller fans and mount, so this is going on Outcast on new Max8.
Savox 2274 brushless servo.
Flysky G7P tx and R7V gyro rx.
Flysky Temp sensor
CNHL 9500mah racing 3s x2
CNHL 2200mah 2s for receiver pack on XT60 to two JR Plugs.
GRP XM7
Horizon Nascar body.
I bumped center diff up to 125k. Going to bump front to 15k I think.

I ran a Castle Pro BEC before and it shorted full 6s voltage to my Savox on the Outcast, so I no longer trust BECs for bashers that get warm. 8 amp peak is not enough juice for this servo alone much less 3 full time fans. On crawlers I'm on the fence but would prefer direct power whenever possible, receiver batteries otherwise. I hope BECs catch up to today's power demands, Max 8 seems to have a solid one.

For Vendetta 6s I'm running:
Spektrum 150a with 35mm Rocket Fan
Spektrum 2050kv with 30 tooth pinion to match stock speed on 4s. Will see how long plastic spur and stock motor mount hold out, somehow it fit but I can't be arsed to get a spool just yet. Slipper has been tightened a bit more than stock but not all the way down to give plastic diffs a fighting chance against 4s, maybe 6s in the near future.
35mm rocket fan on motor
9imod 25kg brushless servo. These are nifty little budget brushless servos, lightning fast and seem to test out at spec on torque for 45 bucks Amazon or 38 Ali.
Spektrum DX5c tx and SR6100 rx. Got a decent deal on this remote brand new on offerup with used receiver for 115. The telemetry doesn't work well without the power cable, but I still get receiver voltage for voltage warning which is most important.
CNHL(?) Purple 4s 6000mah
CNHL Black 2s 1500mah rx pack with same XT60 to two JR Plugs.
5 Spoke Hoons, the stock elevens aren't my favorite but I don't mind the 5 spokes. GRP might be in the future but I don't wanna hack up stock body just yet which I'm still running.
Replaced rear diff with 10k oil instead of the grease. Need to bump front up to 15k for sure.

My goals with these two builds were not to break speed records, I just wanted to match stock system speed with as much heat reduction as possible. I drive these cars hard and they get hot.

Let me know if anyone has questions!

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_5abb6f56-186e-4bbb-9c75-0902103d0fbf.jpg
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_8789cd11-0116-4b8d-bdd3-f520d81634ce.jpg

My Infraction 3s is set up to run 4s, but I rarely run it that way. I recently swapped the stock 130A ESC and 3900kv motor with 20T pinion I had in it for a limited-edition Castle Copperhead 10 SCT ESC and a Castle 3200kv motor that I removed from a rarely used rock racer with multiple issues. In addition to the ESC and motor swap, the Infraction 3s has a 23T pinion; front and rear Arrma CNC steel-geared transmission modules (no longer available); Hot Racing aluminum diff yokes; aluminum center driveshaft; Powerhobby Tornado 40mm 16,000 RPM fan on the motor; and Hoons white label tires. I swapped out the stock Spektrum S651 servo for a Spektrum S652 servo I had laying around: the S652 is stronger and faster than the S651, and it's fine for what I use the Infraction for. I'm controlling the Infraction 3s with a Radiolink RC6GS V2 radio, that I run 10 vehicles with. Sorry, I haven't taken a pic since I completed the ESC and motor swap.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back