Infraction Off-road Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Ok y'all, I really don't like the idea of having a shelf queen (car or just a body), let alone 2 XO-1 bodies that I have never really used. I bought an Infraction roller from @Cereal_killer a while back for parts, but I don't need a 3rd speed runner or another parking lot basher. So I decided to try to build an off-road car out of the blank Infraction chassis w/ spare parts i have lying around. Stripped it down & started building back up by adding 3 new diffs, pps motor mount. Kraton towers were too tall to fit the body so I used the typhon tlr ones I had. Had to cut the ears off the rear to fit. Have lots of mojave arms/shafts but they ended up not being wide enough to clear the body. Had to order Kraton arms & axles from Jenny's. Those were just a little too narrow as well so I added some 17mm hex extenders. The only spare shocks I have on hand are mojave & they're a little soft (have some Kratons on the way)👍
The big ticket items I needed to buy were the motor & esc. I've got the hobbywing max6 4985 1650kv combo in all of my off-road bashers already & since I was going off the beaten path on everything else I decided to go a little crazy (ok, maybe a LOT!!😂) So I bought a max5 5687 1100kv combo, not like I'm the 1st guy to overpower an rc!! The motor is a REALLY tight fit but it's in there & I drilled new holes in the chassis & mounted the esc on some little spacers that came w/ some fans.
I got everything wrapped up tonight after finally getting the rx to bind to my nb4. Took it out for a quick shake down, but it was too dark to really get after it- but I can definitely say it's gonna be crazy!!!🤪 Right now I'm geared 30t/46p.
Hardly anything on this build was just bolt on, took lots of installing, grinding, taking off & grinding some more to get stuff to work. Not sure how many times I've taken it apart already & to be honest I might hate it & end up taking it all back apart & just building a regular (overpowered) kraton anyway!!😃😉🤣👍🤘

20230407_172422.jpg

20230415_140052.jpg

20230415_140039.jpg

20230415_130007.jpg

20230415_140027.jpg

20230415_194958.jpg

20230415_171637.jpg

20230418_213121.jpg

20230418_213158.jpg

20230418_213225.jpg

20230418_214749.jpg

20230418_214811.jpg

20230418_214907.jpg

20230418_215024.jpg

Last edited:
Ok y'all, I really don't like the idea of having a shelf queen (car or just a body), let alone 2 XO-1 bodies that I have never really used. I bought an Infraction roller from @Cereal_killer a while back, but I don't need a 3rd speed runner or another parking lot basher. So I decided to try to build an off-road car out of the blank Infraction chassis w/ spare parts i have lying around. Stripped it down & started building back up by adding 3 new diffs, pps motor mount. Kraton towers were too tall to fit the body so I used the typhon tlr ones I had. Had to cut the ears off the rear to fit. Have lots of mojave arms/shafts but they ended up not being wide enough to clear the body. Had to order Kraton arms & axles from Jenny's. Those were just a little too narrow as well so I added some 17mm hex extenders. The only spare shocks I have on hand are mojave & they're a little soft (have some Kratons on the way)👍
The big ticket items I needed to buy were the motor & esc. I've got the hobbywing max6 4985 1650kv combo in all of my off-road bashers already & since I was going off the beaten path on everything else I decided to go a little crazy (ok, maybe a LOT!!😂) So I bought a max5 5687 1100kv combo, not like I'm the 1st guy to overpower an rc!! The motor is a REALLY tight fit bit it's in there & I drilled new holes in the chassis & mounted the esc on some little spacers that came w/ some fans.
I got everything wrapped up tonight after finally getting the rx to bind to my nb4. Took it out for a quick shake down, but it was too dark to really get after it- but I can definitely say it's gonna be crazy!!!🤪 Right now I'm geared 30t/46p.
Hardly anything on this build was just bolt on, took lots of installing, grinding, taking off & grinding some more to get stuff to work. Not sure how many times I've taken it apart already & to be honest I might hate it & end up taking it all back apart & just building a regular (overpowered) kraton anyway!!😃😉🤣👍🤘

View attachment 293916

View attachment 293917

View attachment 293918

View attachment 293919

View attachment 293920

View attachment 293921

View attachment 293922

View attachment 293923

View attachment 293924

View attachment 293925

View attachment 293926

View attachment 293927

View attachment 293928

View attachment 293929

Uhm....

Mood Monday GIF by Demic

Dr. Frankenstein I believe you just created a Monster..

It Could Work Gene Wilder GIF

Ok y'all, I really don't like the idea of having a shelf queen (car or just a body), let alone 2 XO-1 bodies that I have never really used. I bought an Infraction roller from @Cereal_killer a while back, but I don't need a 3rd speed runner or another parking lot basher. So I decided to try to build an off-road car out of the blank Infraction chassis w/ spare parts i have lying around. Stripped it down & started building back up by adding 3 new diffs, pps motor mount. Kraton towers were too tall to fit the body so I used the typhon tlr ones I had. Had to cut the ears off the rear to fit. Have lots of mojave arms/shafts but they ended up not being wide enough to clear the body. Had to order Kraton arms & axles from Jenny's. Those were just a little too narrow as well so I added some 17mm hex extenders. The only spare shocks I have on hand are mojave & they're a little soft (have some Kratons on the way)👍
The big ticket items I needed to buy were the motor & esc. I've got the hobbywing max6 4985 1650kv combo in all of my off-road bashers already & since I was going off the beaten path on everything else I decided to go a little crazy (ok, maybe a LOT!!😂) So I bought a max5 5687 1100kv combo, not like I'm the 1st guy to overpower an rc!! The motor is a REALLY tight fit bit it's in there & I drilled new holes in the chassis & mounted the esc on some little spacers that came w/ some fans.

View attachment 293916

View attachment 293917

View attachment 293918

View attachment 293919

View attachment 293920

View attachment 293921

View attachment 293922

View attachment 293923

View attachment 293924

View attachment 293925

View attachment 293926

View attachment 293927

View attachment 293928

View attachment 293929
Looks cool, but ehmmmm those tires are real close to the body. Are you planning to do any steering?🤣

Looks cool, but ehmmmm those tires are real close to the body. Are you planning to do any steering?🤣
They actually didn't rub when I drove it around on the street, but I was going pretty slowly (too dark & waiting for threadlock to cure). When I get home from work tomorrow I'll rip it a little faster & see what happens. I may end up having to trim the front fenders a tad. The front of the body was dragging on the street too, so hopefully the Kraton shocks will help- definitely need more stiffness that the Mojo shocks w/ all the extra weight. I still have some tuning to do but I think it should be a riot!🤣

Lookin' good!! Good luck with the 1st run. A build like this will always have some tweaks done too it as you test it out. (y) 🍻 ✌️

93E340BB-5C0B-47AF-A10A-466F058C97D8.jpeg

Enjoy, It was unstoppable! Be careful jumping with those poor straight cut gears spinning heavy tires though 😬

When I was speed running Mojave with straight cut gears and belted 3.8S, they didn’t last more than a few *packs before needing input/ring shim and eventual replacement.

Last edited:
Nice! Any close ups?
I’m sure they are long gone by now, from my phone…this was last year. All I had @Diem Turner send me a spare old chassis and then I swapped everything. I’m sure there might be some photos on here though but I’ll check my google drive. Maybe possibly

Last edited:
Well everyone, I have some exciting news about the build!😅 I got an email notification that the new kraton shocks had been delivered today, so I rushed home from work, got them topped off w/ oil & installed. Also raised the body mounts up about 1/2" or so. All told got me about 3/4" more ground clearance. Took it out for a proper rip & it was handling beautifully. Cornering great in the grass (minus a little body rub) & on the street. Couldn't get anywhere near full throttle, but it absolutely screams!!!! But then...was coming off a little high speed low altitude jump off the neighbor's driveway & the front splitter caught a sharp rise in the sidewalk. It stopped really abruptly & I feared the worst, but I drove it back to me. Just got done tearing into it & most of the damage is bent screws, oblong screw holes & the bottom plastic splitter/chassis plate is kinda wonky looking. Notice how I said "most"? Yeah, the very front of the chassis looks like a snow shovel now!!😆🤕😵
Ok, I kinda knew that this was a distinct possibility, but on the 1st run?!?!🤣 Wrecking stuff on the 1st run after all the hours of work I've put in isn't exactly a new thing for me, but it doesn't mean that it isn't really deflating tho. I know how I like to drive my rigs & EVERY time I strap a battery in there's a possibility of some carnage, but I'll be honest- this one hurts even tho the damage is repairable. I'm gonna mull it over, weigh my options & make a decision in the next few days. I can try to bend the chassis back & give it another go or I can just build it out on one of the Kraton chassis that I already have (I have 2 stockers & an exb)
Guess maybe I was a little too optimistic, foolhardy, stoopid, etc but I love trying new & different things- with varying degrees of success 😃🤷‍♂️ I'm continuing to grow & learn in this hobby & sometimes it takes great failures to make great progress.
@ least I didn't hack up that beautiful body if it's just gonna end up back on the shelf!!😉😂 Will definitely update when a decision is made 😃👍🤘

20230419_163903.jpg

20230419_163920.jpg

20230419_170133.jpg

20230419_170113.jpg

20230419_170146.jpg

20230419_211727.jpg

20230419_211802.jpg

Thin wheel that off, what a bone-head design from trashass. You’ll need to contain the hinge pins, tack weld or glue/screw a bracket

Thin wheel that off, what a bone-head design from trashass. You’ll need to contain the hinge pins, tack weld or glue/screw a bracket
It's an Infraction chassis- just an XO-1 body, all Arrma other than the body

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back