Oh what will we have here??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

Chasing down triple digits
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 3s
Has anyone else seen this?? It looks to be a noble. Kinda excited but not. I don’t want to buy another radio! 🤣🤣🤣
501A2A8A-87B4-4825-A6CF-52B37FDBBDA1.jpeg

Maybe an NB 5. Hopefully much better range for speed running out the box. I have the NB4. Only drawbck is lack of adequate range for speed running.gs Range aside, The best radio I ever had. Feature rich, great support. But I use a RL Rc6 for speed running. A cheap radio that has the best range for my Lim.
I hope this new radio has better range. But I also don't need a better radio.
Maybe this new Noble, if called such, will have BT and multi-color display, Brighter screen also. Android based.

Awesome!
I am preparing to buy a Noble NB4 and wont have the $$$ till late October. The timing is perfect ;)
(unless its over $300 and i'll just stick with the NB4)
I am very curious myself! It would really be killer if they added some more features like @jondilly1974 has mentioned in some previous post.

Maybe this new Noble, if called such, will have BT and multi-color display, Brighter screen also. Android based.
Oh yes a brighter screen would be awesome! That’s one thing I don’t like about it. On a nice sunny day it’s very hard to read.

Exactly one of my issues. Not bright enough. Screen washes out in the sunlight.
Hard to see Signal and telem info. when glancing at this radio, when bashing.
But most radios are like this.

Oh good, I was planning in a NB4 when I get a MEXB later this year, but I'm willing to wait and use a DX3 for the time being.

I still don't understand how the telemetry on the NB4 works anyway, though the battery voltage module requires Batts with balance leads and I use G2 Batts, so probably doesn't matter anyway

I didn't play too much with the NB4 before I broke it. Can you configure different audio alerts?
I rarely look at my radio if at all. Configurable audio alerts would be a great feature on the new one if that is not already an option. I'd love for it to have some additional options (different voice options, beeps, vibrate, etc)

But in all honestly if it was the NB4 with a better screen and longer range I'd be thrilled with it.

Maybe an NB 5. Hopefully much better range for speed running out the box. I have the NB4. Only drawbck is lack of adequate range for speed running.gs Range aside, The best radio I ever had. Feature rich, great support. But I use a RL Rc6 for speed running. A cheap radio that has the best range for my Lim.
I hope this new radio has better range. But I also don't need a better radio.
The problem with the NB4 out of the box is antenna length. Put some 600mm antennas on the receiver and range is drastically increased. It helps more than a 2W booster.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255085438767

I came touchingly close to pulling the trigger on a NB4 earlier this year before I got cold feet and decided to stick it out a little longer with my DX4S. If this is new and improved, I'm going to have to beg them to take my money.
images
You and me both brother! Lmao!!

So wait? You can change the antenna out on the Fgr4 recievers??
Well I’ll be! Take a look at what I just discovered. The FGr4 receiver has a second iPEX port. I wonder if both work, just like on the FTr10 receivers?

1E3E1C54-B5FA-4C5D-8A91-1CC9FCEF002F.jpeg
E5FFBA92-F47A-471A-AA44-4ABEE1662B35.jpeg

Diversity antenna circuitry is far from rocket science, I'm willing to bet that the second port will indeed work. Swap the ant over and see... if it still works, then cool- you can mount perpendicularly-exposed antennae. Just do it smart, like in an airplane, where you never have an orientation that shadows both ants. This is good news!

This could be epic! I’ll gladly buy a 3rd radio if it has the right improvements.

Diversity antenna circuitry is far from rocket science, I'm willing to bet that the second port will indeed work. Swap the ant over and see... if it still works, then cool- you can mount perpendicularly-exposed antennae. Just do it smart, like in an airplane, where you never have an orientation that shadows both ants. This is good news!
The difference with airplanes is they don’t live in a 2D world like cars do. They are unrestrained in their 3D world where antenna diversity is critical. I would say that the only time my radio isn’t perfectly parallel with my Rx antenna is when it’s passing me, which is also when it’s closest to me and the least important time to have tons of gain. I now have dual antennas on my FTr10 based rigs, one on the front, one on the rear. I have found that before having them close would nullify the second antenna. Getting them as far apart as possible seems key. They should always be as upright as possible, just as your Tx antenna should. This give both antennas the maximum gain possible.

As for testing the second port, I will do that here pretty soon and post back with results. The FGr4 rx are cheaper, smaller, and easier to find than the FTr10.

The receiving antennae shouldn't nullify, the diversity circuit should select the stronger of the two and ignore the other. Where it really pays off is when you don't know the axis of the transmitting wave. The reason you trim the antenna tip to 31.25mm is because that is the quarter wavelength of 2.4 GHz. That only counts when the tip is oriented in the direction of the wave, not crossways. You lose signal then. So two antennae at right angles to each other should cover it, providing more range and fewer dead spots. Also avoid carbon fiber, that stuff is radio opaque. Anyway, this is good stuff!

The receiving antennae shouldn't nullify, the diversity circuit should select the stronger of the two and ignore the other. Where it really pays off is when you don't know the axis of the transmitting wave. The reason you trim the antenna tip to 31.25mm is because that is the quarter wavelength of 2.4 GHz. That only counts when the tip is oriented in the direction of the wave, not crossways. You lose signal then. So two antennae at right angles to each other should cover it, providing more range and fewer dead spots. Also avoid carbon fiber, that stuff is radio opaque. Anyway, this is good stuff!
I meant that if you have them together and something blocks/interferes with the signal to one, then both are affected. Having them on opposite ends mitigates this to a great degree. Much more than having them opposed at a 90 degree angle when the radio antenna isn’t really moving in relation to the car. In a plane or drone, sure that’s a given. In a car, things are going really bad if either antenna isn’t staying true to the 2D world.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back