Vorteks Oops, I bought TWO Vorteks'....now what? (Pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, took the broken one apart today and found the bad spur gear. Further investigation revealed what appears to be a bent motor Mount. I’m assuming that these are supposed to be perfectly flat? I suspect PO somehow launched the hell out of this and bent the Mount, which killed the spur. I’ve decided to sell the second buggy and get a Kraton. :)
View attachment 145750
Yeah they bend easy it'll chew spurs up quick I went thru that with my senton twice
You can pound it somewhat flat but it'll bend again quickly
You can pound it somewhat flat but it'll bend again quickly

I took the second buggy apart and found that there's a very slight bend to that one, but everything is in good shape. What's a recommended replacement? Hot Racing?

I took the second buggy apart and found that there's a very slight bend to that one, but everything is in good shape. What's a recommended replacement? Hot Racing?

People have bent the hot racing motor mounts as well. Just go with the factory piece if it's something you're going to sell. If you want something more durable, drop the coin for the m2c motor mount/brace.

I'm going to use the new replacement on the keeper, and the OEM one on the seller. I'll tap the slightly bent one back into place. Have folks had good luck with home made motor supports?

They're both alive, finally. The blown shock turned out to be a big crack at the top of it...cleaned it up and replaced it with new. I took both slipper clutches apart and made sure they were clean and propertly adjusted. Interestingly enough, while both clutch packs were 1.5 turns as required, now that they're all gone through, neither buggy makes that crazy Vorteks click like it used to. It's not silent, but it's not as loud as it was. Both cars work great and I cleaned up the sell car as much as I could.

On a side note, for just cruising up and down my street, running it on 50% setting is plenty fine. Beyond that and I'm leery of crashing into a mailbox.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back