Senton Out of box 3s Steering question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burgnet

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Unboxed my new Senton, fully charged LiPo's, and followed instructions to set up controller. Dealt with the red flashing light for a bit and was about to assume it was bricked, but it took mercy on me and I was finally able to get up and running (albeit on my makeshift test bench). My question is about steering. It turns roughly 45 degrees to the left and maybe 20 degrees to the right. I tried tuning the steering from the controller, but regardless of my tuning, the wheels turn dramatically further to the left than to the right.

Is this intended? Is this correctible? Not sure I even want to play with it until I get that sorted out.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Greg

Unboxed my new Senton, fully charged LiPo's, and followed instructions to set up controller. Dealt with the red flashing light for a bit and was about to assume it was bricked, but it took mercy on me and I was finally able to get up and running (albeit on my makeshift test bench). My question is about steering. It turns roughly 45 degrees to the left and maybe 20 degrees to the right. I tried tuning the steering from the controller, but regardless of my tuning, the wheels turn dramatically further to the left than to the right.

Is this intended? Is this correctible? Not sure I even want to play with it until I get that sorted out.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Greg

You just need to set the steering endpoints

Undo the servo horn and see how freely the bellcrank turns.. if anything you might have to pop the servo box off, recenter the servo.. throw it back together and then readjust your steering links and tie/rods.. quite an easy task after you get familiar with the rig😎

Last edited:
You just need to set the steering endpoints
Lol, easy for you to say!!

It's funny how basic it looks when you first take off the body. I'm like, it's a frame and a couple servos. Then Tex shows up and says, "You just need to set the steering endpoints" and I'm pointing at the battery and asking, "is that an end point?" Then the rear shocks, "is that an end point?"

Okay, I'm not quite that hopeless. I built my 3D printer and have torn it down many times and done countless upgrades/mods. At first, I was all thumbs and it was all foreign. Now, it's second nature to troubleshoot. I'll get there with my Senton, but right now, it's all foreign.

Can't understand why no mention of steering endpoints in manual on 3s rigs. Will really help to prolong the servo life. Plenty of vids on how to do this.

Undo the servo horn and see how freely the bellcrank turns.. if anything you might have to pop the servo box off, recenter the servo.. throw it back together and then readjust your steering links and tie/rods.. quite an easy task after you get the familiar with the rig😎
Appreciate that. Like I said in response to Tex, it's all very foreign to me right now. And you're 110% correct, it will just take some familiarity and repetition with the components and I will get comfortable with it.

I've been posting here for what, 20 minutes? I already feel VERY welcomed and supported by the community. You all rock (or clay, or dirt, or street)!

Lol, easy for you to say!!

It's funny how basic it looks when you first take off the body. I'm like, it's a frame and a couple servos. Then Tex shows up and says, "You just need to set the steering endpoints" and I'm pointing at the battery and asking, "is that an end point?" Then the rear shocks, "is that an end point?"

Okay, I'm not quite that hopeless. I built my 3D printer and have torn it down many times and done countless upgrades/mods. At first, I was all thumbs and it was all foreign. Now, it's second nature to troubleshoot. I'll get there with my Senton, but right now, it's all foreign.

Here you go >>

I tried to post a link for you but was afraid some monkey would show up. Still learning..long story. Glad Tex got you hooked up! There's not too much to these 3s vehicles. Very simple to work on. You'll get up to speed in no time.

Research, research, research. (y) I've done hours and hours of it since getting FT into the hobby a year ago. This forum will have almost everything you need, but YouTube is also invaluable with the vids.

When I started out, anytime I read something or was given advice and I had no clue what they were talking about, I'd just Google it and find a vid on it. There's a lot of terminology to learn in this hobby, but you'll get it down in no time!! 😁

Okay, so I decided after watching 4 videos telling me different ways how to get my Senton ready to run for the first time to just take it back to the hobby shop and get their advice. The guy who spent the time with me pre-sale was there and took me and it back to a work bench. Turns out the servo horn was a click off from the factory. Got to watch a pro diagnose and correct the problem.

I also got to watch that same pro pop the servo saver apart accidentally and the spring shot 10 feet away. He apologized as he struggled to get it back together, but I wasn't worried. They have lots of parts. :)

Anyway, steering is good now. Ripped it up and down the alley behind my house last night. And holy hell, that thing is fast. No way I'm ready to control it at top speeds.

#excitednewrcdad

If you have any problems just hit us up and we will walk you through it.. save a trip to the LHS!! The sooner you start wrenching yourself, the faster you will appreciate us pushing you to do it!! We all had to start somewhere!! You will thank us when your a pro!! 😎

Dude, I totally appreciate you all pushing me to get physically invested in my investment. And I am already itching to start working on my rig. (Can I call it a rig if it's completely stock?) Fortunately, the LHS is 5 minutes from my house and I want to get to know them and support them. They also have a pretty big indoor track and a giant test bench area that I can take advantage of.

Dude, I totally appreciate you all pushing me to get physically invested in my investment. And I am already itching to start working on my rig. (Can I call it a rig if it's completely stock?) Fortunately, the LHS is 5 minutes from my house and I want to get to know them and support them. They also have a pretty big indoor track and a giant test bench area that I can take advantage of.
That's dope.. I'm all for the LHS if they are actually good, can't find one in my area!! 🤣

Just think of all the saved money you could throw in upgrades.. I think they charge upwards of $50 an hour with a minimum half hr charge!! That could add up fast!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back