Outcast Outcast 4s upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IbleedKTM

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
Just stayed up all night with a dremal, soldering torch, and a mind going a million miles an hour. I fitted a castle monster mamba x and a savox sv-1270tg to this baby. I will comeback with some remarks in a day with running notes.

DFAE2BDD-1955-4837-98BD-1E5DE4308387.jpeg
9F853532-8BCF-4402-AE01-D3613E57EA46.jpeg
96A3D506-823D-4000-B0B9-6D2F601C17E8.jpeg

I forgot to mention I got rid of the trash radio for another trash radio lol. I upgraded it with a dx2e I had laying around the house and replaced the receiver with a srs6000.

Last edited:
Well went to local bmx track the last two days and I finally did have a failure. But first, the mamba monster x is a beast. I don’t think it is an upgrade that someone should do right off the bat because the stock esc is a good unit. I can tell you though the acceleration is much smother and the braking seems to be quite a bit more aggressive. I had the stock esc set to 62.5 and the castle set at default 50. The castle would make the back tires come off the ground under full brake and the blx esc was quite dull and took longer to come to a stop. I will say I didn’t take the blx esc over 62.5, it may act more aggressive at 75 or 85. If your into doing front flips I am sure taking the castle esc up as high as 75 would be enough to send the back over over quite quickly. I am pleased with the upgrade, I will add a caveat though. If I didn’t have the mamba sitting around I probably would not have done the upgrade. The stock esc is a fine piece of equipment. Now to the carnage. I was doing back flips today and the drive shaft came apart. It was quite funny. Me and my brother were standing on top of one of the jumps. Right before the jump you lose sight of the vehicle and the next thing we see is a wheel going over the ramp with no Outcast. Lol I don’t think anything is technically broke but I am for sure going to add some blue loctite to the screw that goes through the turnbuckle and into the hub.

Well went to local bmx track the last two days and I finally did have a failure. But first, the mamba monster x is a beast. I don’t think it is an upgrade that someone should do right off the bat because the stock esc is a good unit. I can tell you though the acceleration is much smother and the braking seems to be quite a bit more aggressive. I had the stock esc set to 62.5 and the castle set at default 50. The castle would make the back tires come off the ground under full brake and the blx esc was quite dull and took longer to come to a stop. I will say I didn’t take the blx esc over 62.5, it may act more aggressive at 75 or 85. If your into doing front flips I am sure taking the castle esc up as high as 75 would be enough to send the back over over quite quickly. I am pleased with the upgrade, I will add a caveat though. If I didn’t have the mamba sitting around I probably would not have done the upgrade. The stock esc is a fine piece of equipment. Now to the carnage. I was doing back flips today and the drive shaft came apart. It was quite funny. Me and my brother were standing on top of one of the jumps. Right before the jump you lose sight of the vehicle and the next thing we see is a wheel going over the ramp with no Outcast. Lol I don’t think anything is technically broke but I am for sure going to add some blue loctite to the screw that goes through the turnbuckle and into the hub.
Yeah I am about to red loctite that C-hub screw on the bottom. Blue loctite doesn’t hold mine in very long. I have the Hot Racing C-hubs and steering blocks, so it’s metal on metal.

Yeah I am about to red loctite that C-hub screw on the bottom. Blue loctite doesn’t hold mine in very long. I have the Hot Racing C-hubs and steering blocks, so it’s metal on metal.
This happened to me with a PXToys RC I have. I regretted getting both aluminum C-hubs and steering blocks for the same reason. Either I jam it down and it binds up the steering, or I loosen it enough to function, but the screw comes out every run. Did the red loctite solve it?

This happened to me with a PXToys RC I have. I regretted getting both aluminum C-hubs and steering blocks for the same reason. Either I jam it down and it binds up the steering, or I loosen it enough to function, but the screw comes out every run. Did the red loctite solve it?
I only speed run that car now, so it doesn’t get the abuse it used to. But yes red loctite should hold it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back