Outcast Outcast 6s exb. Delayed/No throttle in the air.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdubb502

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I got the Outcast 6s EXB a few weeks ago. Checked the screws, Diffs, calibrated the ESC and binded the transmitter and receiver, disabled AVC. Ran it in front of my house and everything seemed good. Went bashing with friends and did a small jump and it nose dived. I squeezed the throttle and nothing happened. I did aanother small jump, and it nose dived. I pulled the trigger all the way and no response. I contacted Horizon Hobbies and after giving me the run around they sent me a new ESC. I installed the new ESC and went through the calibration and binding process again. Went out today with my ramp and did a few jumps and still noticed the delay. I am at a loss why there is such a delay and no throttle control in the air. The response seems fine on the ground. Any ideas and help is appreciated.

Thanks!

That is vert strange. Do you happen to have a different radio that you can use just to rule out the radio as the problem?

Which radio? which ESC you running?
ESC BEC brownout would cause a delay at the Rx. Maybe even a radio issue.

I have to ask, what gearing? And what speed are you hitting the ramp?..

The way you explain it sure sounds like the rig tire rollout has reached full rpm and cannot create enough snap to get the nose to come back up..

a simple test of that theory can be leaving the ramp at lower speeds and see if your brake/ throttle alters the rig orientation in the air...

This is the only thing that makes sense to me with the way your explaining it.. I would make sure your punch is all the way up, and gear up if your leaving the ramp at a decent speed..👍

The same exact thing happened to me once with my outcast 6s.
I was hitting massive jumps on a bmx track and all of the sudden no more throttle response when in the air.

Probably something different with yours but…

My pinion set screw had backed out and the pinion was sliding on the shaft.
On the ground it was behaving totally normal, but in the air I had zero throttle response.
I checked every single thing I could think of and then finally checked the pinion.

That is vert strange. Do you happen to have a different radio that you can use just to rule out the radio as the problem?
I have a GT5 that I use on my Mojave and Kraton. I'm going to take the receiver out of the Mojave and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!
Which radio? which ESC you running?
ESC BEC brownout would cause a delay at the Rx. Maybe even a radio issue.
Everything is stock. DX3 radio, Spektrum Firm 150A Smart ESC. Thanks!
I have to ask, what gearing? And what speed are you hitting the ramp?..

The way you explain it sure sounds like the rig tire rollout has reached full rpm and cannot create enough snap to get the nose to come back up..

a simple test of that theory can be leaving the ramp at lower speeds and see if your brake/ throttle alters the rig orientation in the air...

This is the only thing that makes sense to me with the way your explaining it.. I would make sure your punch is all the way up, and gear up if your leaving the ramp at a decent speed..👍
The gearing is stock. The speed was not fast at all, maybe a quarter throttle if that. It wasn't sending it to the moon yet. :) I will try changing the punch setting and see if that helps. Thanks!
The same exact thing happened to me once with my outcast 6s.
I was hitting massive jumps on a bmx track and all of the sudden no more throttle response when in the air.

Probably something different with yours but…

My pinion set screw had backed out and the pinion was sliding on the shaft.
On the ground it was behaving totally normal, but in the air I had zero throttle response.
I checked every single thing I could think of and then finally checked the pinion.
I'll check the pinion. I would not have thought of that. Thanks!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back