Outcast Outcast 6s EXB Has Been Discontinued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news!!! Not selling!!! šŸ„³

Thanks to everyone that offered encouragement and helped talk me down from a potentially dumb decision.

Honestly though, coming from a ā€œtoyā€ Traxxas 2wd Stampede, Iā€™ve been very intimidated with the Outcast. So much to learn, and not really mechanically inclined, but dogged-determined no LHS guy is going to wrench on my trucks! šŸ’Ŗ

Anyway, thanks again for all the answered questions (so far). Many more to come.
This is how I felt a year ago but I started with a 6s Arrma. Now I can build my own arrma from the chassis up. You will for sure get there. šŸ˜Ž šŸ‘

Good news!!! Not selling!!! šŸ„³

Thanks to everyone that offered encouragement and helped talk me down from a potentially dumb decision.

Honestly though, coming from a ā€œtoyā€ Traxxas 2wd Stampede, Iā€™ve been very intimidated with the Outcast. So much to learn, and not really mechanically inclined, but dogged-determined no LHS guy is going to wrench on my trucks! šŸ’Ŗ

Anyway, thanks again for all the answered questions (so far). Many more to come.
I really like my 2wd Stampede. It's a fun truck for what it is and it's still one of the better 2wd monster trucks on the market.

20220923_192140.jpg

LSD diffs are a neat idea, because they try to solve the issue of excessive diff unloading during 'extreme' bashing without crippling lower speed handling the way many do by filling standard diffs with thick oil in an effort to control tire ballooning. In practice, my impression is that while Arrma's engineers tried, the LSD mechanism is more troublesome than it's worth.

I'm really hoping someone will take on the LSD challenge and figure out a way to work them. Seems that might not happen seems the census is low on the like scale.

My front LSD diff chewed out the gears before I drained my first battery pack. I'm not a fan...
Sorry to hear that. Did you take pics post mortem? Iā€™m trying to learn about LSD and wonder what happened. Iā€™m guessing by your description the LSD disk(s) somehow got loose and mangled the internal gears?

Sorry to hear that. Did you take pics post mortem? Iā€™m trying to learn about LSD and wonder what happened. Iā€™m guessing by your description the LSD disk(s) somehow got loose and mangled the internal gears?
No the disks were in place (although one plate was missing, I'm assuming not installed during assembly)... the gears just broke teeth off and then chewed them up into metallic paste. Could have been a manufacturing defect in the metal maybe?
Wow what did you do to it šŸ¤£
Drove it up the dirt driveway then 3 speed run passes up our street to see how much faster the 6s was compared to the 2s we already owned. Haven't had any issues since I rebuilt it so maybe I just got a dud gear...

20221001_220302 (1).jpg

No the disks were in place (although one plate was missing, I'm assuming not installed during assembly)... the gears just broke teeth off and then chewed them up into metallic paste. Could have been a manufacturing defect in the metal maybe?

Drove it up the dirt driveway then 3 speed run passes up our street to see how much faster the 6s was compared to the 2s we already owned. Haven't had any issues since I rebuilt it so maybe I just got a dud gear...

View attachment 260494
Knowing how they assemble these things I am willing to bet it was an assembly error.

No the disks were in place (although one plate was missing, I'm assuming not installed during assembly)...
Thanks for the pic. Makes we wonder if the missing plate kept the whole internal assembly from being snug which resulted in poor gear meshā€¦

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back