Outcast Outcast 6s n00b - parts to have on hand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike k

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
TL;DR - Is there a list of stuff I should have on hand that will break regularly, or need eventual replacement?

I and my son have been enjoying this new hobby for the past few weeks, immensely. Went from zero RC experience to semi-addicted in two or three packs. Rudimentary skill, don't care that much since I just love tearing up the dirt and slowly learning how to launch this thing, but I'm paying the price. Not to mention that my son is 9 and also very good at driving into the wrong things.

Broken bumper, reach shock eyelet, and wing mount, thus far, and more coming I'm sure :)

The 9 bucks for new shock parts doesn't bother me, nor does the fact that I'm going to break things regularly, but waiting a week each time something breaks is something I'd prefer to avoid. Is there a standard list of stuff I should have on hand? Particularly interested in the "cheap but essential and likely to fail regularly" category, such as shock eyelets (?). LHS exists, but not very near to me, and is closed for COVID, so a shopping list would be much appreciated. Specifics welcome!

Naturally, I recognize that I'm asking this question out of total ignorance, so I would welcome responses that point me towards a different question or approach. And, I may learn how to drive better eventually, but the relentless bashing is really what I like about this so far :)

Shock eyelets can be upgraded, but first and foremost you have to set the droop properly so the shocks don't overstretch.

Dunno... if you're not launching the thing 20 ft in the air it should be pretty bulletproof. Just go over everything every couple of packs to make sure all the screws are snug and everything is in its place.

Wing mounts and bumpers are expendable, you can go with RPM or T bone racing for stronger bumpers.
Only wing mount that's better than stock, that I know of, is POS racing from Germany.

If something bigger breaks, check out Jenny's RC, they break new cars for parts and you can get whole assemblies for a fraction of the money you'd pay in a hobby shop.

TL;DR - Is there a list of stuff I should have on hand that will break regularly, or need eventual replacement?

I and my son have been enjoying this new hobby for the past few weeks, immensely. Went from zero RC experience to semi-addicted in two or three packs. Rudimentary skill, don't care that much since I just love tearing up the dirt and slowly learning how to launch this thing, but I'm paying the price. Not to mention that my son is 9 and also very good at driving into the wrong things.

Broken bumper, reach shock eyelet, and wing mount, thus far, and more coming I'm sure :)

The 9 bucks for new shock parts doesn't bother me, nor does the fact that I'm going to break things regularly, but waiting a week each time something breaks is something I'd prefer to avoid. Is there a standard list of stuff I should have on hand? Particularly interested in the "cheap but essential and likely to fail regularly" category, such as shock eyelets (?). LHS exists, but not very near to me, and is closed for COVID, so a shopping list would be much appreciated. Specifics welcome!

Naturally, I recognize that I'm asking this question out of total ignorance, so I would welcome responses that point me towards a different question or approach. And, I may learn how to drive better eventually, but the relentless bashing is really what I like about this so far :)

When I got my Noto and Talion and was new to 6s, I broke wing mounts. I just replaced with stock because they're cheaper. After more practice I haven't broken one in a long time.
I like T-Bone Racing bumpers but they can be slow to ship unless we buy one on their ebay store that I assume is stocked rather than making them to order. They're supposed to be having more items already made so hopefully they're improving.

I’ll add to my own list: tires. Ripped one open and that will fall apart soon too....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back