Outcast pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Does anyone know what the smallest pinion you could put on the outcast is i fit an 11 on there looks like it has a hair more adjustment for a 10t but i don't have one to test it stock spur

Does anyone know what the smallest pinion you could put on the outcast is i fit an 11 on there looks like it has a hair more adjustment for a 10t but i don't have one to test it stock spur

Dear God why?! ?

Why?? with the original 12T pinion is all ok, change only the punch in the esc if you want more reactivity

No it's not even that lol i can't keep these dang temps cool I've done everything new bearings checked rolling resistance without the motor installed truck rolls as free as it will ever get lol after halfway through 6s pack 200+ degrees even installed a fan still around 190+ i was gonna try to gear down i shed as much weight on this rig as i could too roll bar , reciever box,hardware i removed about 300 grams of extra weight possibly don't matter but less stuff to disassemble

No it's not even that lol i can't keep these dang temps cool I've done everything new bearings checked rolling resistance without the motor installed truck rolls as free as it will ever get lol after halfway through 6s pack 200+ degrees even installed a fan still around 190+ i was gonna try to gear down i shed as much weight on this rig as i could too roll bar , reciever box,hardware i removed about 300 grams of extra weight possibly don't matter but less stuff to disassemble

What battery are you using? C rating?

you have Very high temperature..
Today I used my outcast with 8 ° C outside temp, for 20 minutes, with 16T pinion and the temperature is 52 ° C engine , and 29 ° C esc, with 6s 5200mah 90c / 180C ... the oil in the central diff how many cst ? Sorry for my bad English but I wrote from Italy ;-)

Last edited:
What battery are you using? C rating?
I doubt it's the battery usually there esc will get hot if your battery isn't strong enough my esc only reaches 110 degrees and same for the battery after a full 20 minute bash

Attachments

• 15479161016817319270684453111317.jpg
    15479161016817319270684453111317.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 40
you have Very high temperature..
Today I used my outcast with 8 ° C outside temp, for 20 minutes, with 16T pinion and the temperature is 52 ° C and engine 29 ° C esc, with 6s 5200mah 90c / 180C ... the oil in the central diff how many cst ? Sorry for my bad English but I wrote from Italy ;-)
Lol it's all good and 1 million wt center diff

How old is the truck and how many times have you run it it damp conditions? Could be a bearing in the motor that's causing your heating issues.

[Quote = "Slicktmi post: 100944, membro: 8300"] Lol è tutto buono e 1 milione di centro peso diff [/ QUOTE]

For me 1.000.000 cst, not good and the motor make more stress, for turn the diff...I used 100.000cst, and today I have make my speed record of 66,05mph...you can see my tread...For me, if you change the diff cent oil, until 200.000 you have reduced the motor temp.

I doubt it's the battery usually there esc will get hot if your battery isn't strong enough my esc only reaches 110 degrees and same for the battery after a full 20 minute bash

Can you borrow a different battery to try? Just to eliminate things? I know nothing about that brand other than it's a $72 6s battery and usually you get what you pay for.

How old is the truck and how many times have you run it it damp conditions? Could be a bearing in the motor that's causing your heating issues.
4 months old i have put 3 motors in it same outcome look at my old posts never drive in water had this truck completely torn down to many times everything is shimmed and spins freely

Can you borrow a different battery to try? Just to eliminate things? I know nothing about that brand other than it's a $72 6s battery and usually you get what you pay for.
I have a total of 7 batteries 4 4s and 3 6s lipos different brands and it does the same thing even with 4s

[Quote = "Slicktmi post: 100944, membro: 8300"] Lol è tutto buono e 1 milione di centro peso diff [/ QUOTE]

For me 1.000.000 cst, not good and the motor make more stress, for turn the diff...I used 100.000cst, and today I have make my speed record of 66,05mph...you can see my tread...For me, if you change the diff cent oil, until 200.000 you have reduced the motor temp.
I had 100k comes with it stock still overheated with that weight so im not sure

WTF are we missing here? Have you checked the bearings in the front and rear input gears? There has to be binding somewhere since you've covered every other angle possible. Just food for thought, I did a recommended shimming of the all the difs when I first read about it, and noticed that the main input gear and ring gear in the dif, started to bind. This had to do with the added shim, as outlined in video tutorial, on the differential out drives. Had I left it, probably would have caused serious issues. It's not something you would have noticed once back in the truck. I would turn the out drives 360 degrees in my hand, and it would barely catch on the full rotation. It was there though. Could be something as undetectable as this.

Yeah i pulled every sealed bearing out cleaned and regrease they are all smooth as butter I also had the diffs out and spun them they are also smooth as butter and I had the diff in the diff cases assembled out of the rig and there are still smooth no binding I also don't have any cold solder joints on any of my connectors and no hot connectors after a run Like I said if I was to roll the truck with out the motor installed it would roll pretty freely pretty far too Gear mesh also perfect on the pinion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back