Senton overdrive front or rear wheels on the senton? can only build one BLX diff right now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt02

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
alright so I am turning the senton into a MT, I got the 4268 4s system installed and tore up the drivetrain in a matter of minutes. I ordered a bunch of stuff at my LHS before I left town and while I was gone had a couple 13T input gears sent from an ebay shop. here I am getting ready to build the truck and I only got one BLX diff housing/gear...

I have a pair of HD input shafts so I could try and get by with just those for a while but I was thinking about for the time being build the rear BLX style and the front mega style... and Ill have a spare input for the front if it dies before the LHS gets my second diff housing in. I know it's a dumb idea having different diff ratios with no center diff especially.

BUT do you think it would make it a while as I wait for parts if I stick to the small senton tires and only in the loose dirt/gravel and off the high grip asphalt.

I think its 13/38 and 17/49 so 2.923:1 and 2.882:1 so pretty close but with the speed they spin it ends up being quite the difference in reality I guess...

opinions?

P.S. anybody thinking of running 14mm stablemaxx wheels they still don't quite have the offset I was hoping for... I am going to run them for a while though if they clear the body like I think they will(not much). you could see how much the stock maxx tires hang over the wheels so once that happens they are still pretty close... I should've done more research, stated 1/2" offset and i took that to mean the mounting face was 1/2" back from centerline as in an actual wheel measurement for offset and not just that is was 1/2" wider than stock wheels. did read "one inch wider than stock" in another place and hoped they meant per side which would have better corresponded to an actual 1/2" offset.

20181203_221110.jpg

I wouldn't run the two different diffs. Stick with the Mega and be mindful of how tight you set the slipper. Where you running trouble is on a nose heavy landing with any sort of throttle. It will chip the mega gear teeth (at least it did on mine).

What BLX parts are you missing? I may have a diff case. Not sure if I have an inoit shaft, but I might.

I would overdrive the front if you had to do one. Then I would limit high traction surfaces until the other diff is replaced.

Ok, I figured it would be better for the front to try and pull the rear than have the rear push the front but wasn't sure. I have both 13t inputs I just only have 1 37t diff housing. Other one was still in Illinois I think it was, but that's where they were 3 weeks ago when I ordered them so not sure how I only got 1. Found them on ebay for 15 or so shipped so I may get one if the second one doesn't get to the LHS soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back