Typhon Parking lot bashing the Typhon, improving handling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Been having fun street bashing the Typhon, so much I'm ready to go all in dialing in for the street.

Got Limitless shocks and cf towers on the way to drop it lower. Wondering what other things would make it handle better?

haven't run it with gnss analyzer yet, but pretty sure it doesn't have room to go above 50-55 where I bash the most, so lots of quick turning and accelerating out to bolt down another aisle. Some drifting but not a ton.

Stock esc and motor for now running 4s 26/50 gearing and grps. I've got up to 80wt on hand. Diffs are 30/500/20, thought about going 1million in center,
don't know if it would help or hurt on 4s.
What shock oil weight for the Limitless shocks?

Any bellcrank upgrades that make a big difference over stock? Other things that would help reduce weight/improve handling?

Been having fun street bashing the Typhon, so much I'm ready to go all in dialing in for the street.

Got Limitless shocks and cf towers on the way to drop it lower. Wondering what other things would make it handle better?

haven't run it with gnss analyzer yet, but pretty sure it doesn't have room to go above 50-55 where I bash the most, so lots of quick turning and accelerating out to bolt down another aisle. Some drifting but not a ton.

Stock esc and motor for now running 4s 26/50 gearing and grps. I've got up to 80wt on hand. Diffs are 30/500/20, thought about going 1million in center,
don't know if it would help or hurt on 4s.
What shock oil weight for the Limitless shocks?

Any bellcrank upgrades that make a big difference over stock? Other things that would help reduce weight/improve handling?
No picks or video?😛

Oops! 🤣
20230912_194839.jpg

Need to add I aready upgraded the servo, servo mount and chassis braces.

Me personally, I would lower center diff fluid weight to 200-300k, maybe go slightly heavier in the front.
For a street basher you're on the right track going with Limitless towers and shocks, keeping that lower center of gravity will help with handling, I would also run it with the rear hub carriers in their longest wheelbase position..!!

If you have grippy tires it makes sense to get the stronger spring for the servo saver. Stock the Typhon starts oscillating in corners putting the Typhon in a snake like drive in long corners. Does not happen with Arrma Hoon tires. I have Limitless V1 Towers, Springs, shocks on mine, XM5 tires.

Last edited:
If you have grippy tires it makes sense to get the stronger spring for the servo saver. Stock the Typhon starts oscillating in corners putting the Typhon in a snake like drive in long corners. Does not happen with Arrma Hoon tires. I have Limitless V1 Towers, Springs, shocks on mine, XM5 tires.
Didn't realize the spring could be upgraded, is the Limitless spring stronger or is there an aftermarket version?

Didn't realize the spring could be upgraded, is the Limitless spring stronger or is there an aftermarket version?
The V1 Limitless spring was giving me the swaying in long corners. Used the stronger Arrma spring.
I think this is the replacement: ARA340178

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back