Please help fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeLauber

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
My spur gear and pinion are bothering failing I just upgraded to a hobby wing mad 10 combo and every ring I strip a spur gear and the pinion comes lose on the motor thing and I cant get the pinion to stay what should I do please help

Take pinion off, clean the grub screw thoroughly for any residue, let dry, use a dab of blue loctite on grub, install pinion and set mesh. Let dry at least 24 hours and take it from there.

I got here as fast as I could. Are you ok? take a deep breath . Everything can be fixed!!!
How can I help?
You need Thread locker compound put onto the set screw of the Pinion. and it has to dry (cure for 24 hours). Gear mesh needs to be set right. Not tight against
You never stated which rig you have exactly.???? Cant help further without that info. :cool:

I got here as fast as I could. Are you ok? take a deep breath . Everything can be fixed!!!
How can I help?
You need Thread locker compound put onto the set screw of the Pinion. and it has to dry (cure for 24 hours). Gear mesh needs to be set right. Not tight against
You never stated which rig you have exactly.???? Cant help further without that info. :cool:
Beat you bro! 🤣

Clean the grub screw and pinion with brake/clutch cleaner first. This gets rid of any oil/grease/dirt that could cause the thread lock to not cure properly

Take pinion off, clean the grub screw thoroughly for any residue, let dry, use a dab of blue loctite on grub, install pinion and set mesh. Let dry at least 24
Take pinion off, clean the grub screw thoroughly for any residue, let dry, use a dab of blue loctite on grub, install pinion and set mesh. Let dry at least 24 hours and take it from there.
I just got the pinion brand new and did blue lock

How can I help?
Ok I did blue lock tite and waited 48 hours and it did it again and my spur gear is stripped so yea and I have a arrma granite and the pinion is brand new just got it switched over to a 17 t

Ok I did blue lock tite and waited 48 hours and it did it again and my spur gear is stripped so yea and I have a arrma granite and the pinion is brand new just got it switched over to a 17 t
Try a different grub screw.

Need a new spur gear . A given. You have TL great. Let it cure . Perfect.
Hope you are not using an "L" hex wrench. (n)
Hand driver only. Best torque achieved. Clean the setscrew and pinion in brake cleaner or solvent and re -TL all again.
New pinions are usually oily and TL wont cure properly.
Like @arrmadillo stated you may need a new setscrew. (grub screw) They crap out easily. Especially cheap chinesium gears.
Alternatively, you can also grind the setscrew end a bit to roughen it up better. So it will bite the motor shaft better.
:cool:

EDIT:

Heat the setscrew up to loosen the TL. The fact that the set screw is tight yet the pinon loosened may show that you never really tighten it enough.. You need a quaility hand hex driver. Get one if you don't have a set. don't go further if without.
Did you bend the motor mount at all?
This would also cause misalignment and strip the spur.

Yes, check out hobby shop. You have to heat it up to get it out.
I got it out so what pinnion should I get
Need a new spur gear . A given. You have TL great. Let it cure . Perfect.
Hope you are not using an "L" hex wrench. (n)
Hand driver only. Best torque achieved. Clean the setscrew and pinion in brake cleaner or solvent and re -TL all again.
New pinions are usually oily and TL wont cure properly.
Like @arrmadillo stated you may need a new setscrew. (grub screw) They crap out easily. Especially cheap chinesium gears.
Alternatively, you can also grind the setscrew end a bit to roughen it up better. So it will bite the motor shaft better.
:cool:
What set screw and I am using a l wrench cause I cant afford a hand driver one 😥

L wrench is trash, that's probably why it keeps coming loose, no torque.

Amazon.com: HRB 4pcs 1.5mm 2.0mm 2.5mm 3.0mm Hex Screw Driver Set Titanium Hexagon Screwdriver Wrench Tool Kit for Multi-Axis FPV Racing Drone RC Quadcopter Helicopter Car Models: Toys & Games
I wont tell you to buy $50. drivers I understand everyone has limited funds with this hobby.

But the above drivers will work. I have these on hand as well. Use them out when I am bashing. kept in my trunk. They will serve you fine. Wont last years and years like my MIP drivers. But fine enough.
I suspected you were using the L wrenches!. Why I mentioned it. 🤷‍♂️ They don't afford much torque and will strip out your fasteners every time.
Throw them away when you get Hand Drivers. Seriously.

Last edited:
Should be 5x5mm They come in pack of 10 for like $2.99 You can buy them everywhere, hobby shop, Horizon, Ebay, Amain. Hit up your cookie jar.

Get yourself a good set of tools like @SrC said above ☝️, they're cheap insurance, that's why you're having these issues! 😉

Amazon.com: HRB 4pcs 1.5mm 2.0mm 2.5mm 3.0mm Hex Screw Driver Set Titanium Hexagon Screwdriver Wrench Tool Kit for Multi-Axis FPV Racing Drone RC Quadcopter Helicopter Car Models: Toys & Games
I wont tell you to buy $50. drivers I understand everyone has limited funds with this hobby.

But the above drivers will work. I have these on hand as well. Use them out when I am bashing. kept in my trunk. They will serve you fine. Wont last years and years like my MIP drivers. But fine enough.
I suspected you were using the L wrenches!. Why I mentioned it. 🤷‍♂️ They don't afford much torque and will strip out your fasteners every time.
Throw them away when you get Hand Drivers. Seriously.
Another question could I use a t driver

Back