Senton Please help me decide what Arrma to get ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tgilf

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i am new to the forum. Have been into rc for a while (Heli and drones) but new to cars. I have build to Tamiyas one Neo fighter and a Neo scorcher.
have been driving a traxxas summit 1/16 Val for a while but sold it. It was flipping sideways so often andI felt that after every jump I had to repair something....really disappointed by the overall quality.

arrma really looks promising But I can’t decide which way to go.
mainly i will bash around parks and grass, maybe some skatepark action.
i really like the senton blx design but came to learn that more people recommend buying the outcast 4s or the kraton...

which one could you recommend for a durable and fun rc car for me?
thanks a lot

tom

The Senton (or any SCT) will not be good at a skate park due to the small wheels and large parachute effect of the body.

I would also recommend the Outcast 4S for your stated usage. Second pick would be the Granite 3S.

Both would be very good in those scenarios, but I lean towards the OC4S due to its beefier hubs and driveshafts. It also has the best RTR tires in the game right now.

Also Arrma has been having issues with the BLX100 ESCs recently and so far have not seen the same issues with the BLX120 that come in the 4S versions.

Welcome to the Arrma Fam

Hello and welcome!

I bought a Senton 3s BLX and I'm quitted happy with it, it's fast, fun and seems quite durable. That said i don't bash it in skate parks and it doesn't seems the best design for that, but aside from that over grass mud or sand it's a beast.

I think you can't go wrong with either.

The hard part in the decision is all three of those options all drive different out of the box!

Definitely check out driving videos of each one to verify your style. Then like Jon was stating on some of the internal components, what to look out for or what you may want to stay away from, you can come back to us with those questions as well!! Good luck in the decision!

Kraton 4S is a solid choice. I like the longer wheel base trucks. More stable but you can still stunt with them.

I would suggest spending a few hours on YouTube watching running footage of varrious Arrmas.

I swear, I watched almost every Senton video I could find before deciding to purchase mine. I wanted something fast, but did not have ambitions of hitting massive jumps, or doing stunts like double backflips. With the smaller tires, and large body, the Senton will have less control in the air, than something with bigger tires, and a slimmer body. The Senton will handle better on smoother terrain, as it has a lower centre of gravity.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks a lot for all your replies!
What I did not like about the summit was that it easily flipped over in tight turns. How does the outcast handle turns? Can you ride it in street or is it no fun at all on concrete?

Thanks a lot for all your replies!
What I did not like about the summit was that it easily flipped over in tight turns. How does the outcast handle turns? Can you ride it in street or is it no fun at all on concrete?

If you're doing a lot of flat-landing and tight-turning, something like the Kraton is a better choice. The Outcast/Noto are shorter wheelbase trucks and are geared more towards stunting. Very fun trucks, but there are better options for "general" use.

Ok so one can say kraton is like the middle of outcast and senton?

Do you recommend taking the extra 200$ and go straight outcast 6s because it is more durable?

Thanks - why the Kraton? Would this also apply to the 4a version?
Kraton has a longer chassis which I perfer, does not wheelie all the time especially on 6s and is more predictable and stable. Flies better and jumps better IMO. Yeah the OC is fun for stunting but always grab one of my Kratons first. This does apply to both versions which I have.

Kraton has a longer chassis which I perfer, does not wheelie all the time especially on 6s and is more predictable and stable. Flies better and jumps better IMO. Yeah the OC is fun for stunting but always grab one of my Kratons first. This does apply to both versions which I have.

Thanks that makes it easier for me.
Ist the 4s kraton durable? Read about common leackage of the shocks...

Thanks that makes it easier for me.
Ist the 4s kraton durable? Read about common leackage of the shocks...
All the 3s and 4s rigs have leaky shocks. Some have no problems at all. Easy fix with aftermarket, you can go several ways. Yes it's durable, have to say my favorite 3 and 4s rig. So easy to drive, flys and jumps well like it's big brother and can still pull wheelies on demand. I think anyone would be pleased with one, except for the 4s haters.

There’s flaws and things you will need to fix with any RC you pick. You should be deciding based on budget. Figure 2x the cost of the RC as a baseline to get into the hobby. If you are looking at a $300 rig, you’ll end up spending $600 by the time you get everything you need. If looking at a $550 rig, make that $1100. This is just a rough estimate and ymmv, but get an idea how much you want to spend and we can guide you more after that.

thanks for your replies. Of course it is nice to save some money but i could afford the 6s.
I think i will order a kraton 4s as it will fit my needs best - if the shocks leak i can replace them easily.

Is it in general an easy to work on car ?

thanks for your replies. Of course it is nice to save some money but i could afford the 6s.
I think i will order a kraton 4s as it will fit my needs best - if the shocks leak i can replace them easily.

Is it in general an easy to work on car ?
Yes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back