Please stop by and give a word of encouragement for Vas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This!

Still doesn't make it right.
I never once said it was right, it’s just reality and yeah it’s harsh, theres companies out there have done far worse than just ignore people, by all means support vas if you want but all the hate towards HH is just pointless.

I never once said it was right, it’s just reality and yeah it’s harsh, theres companies out there have done far worse than just ignore people, by all means support vas if you want but all the hate towards HH is just pointless.
No you didn't say it, but I did. I have my opinions, just like you and everyone else on this topic, but I'm not hating on Arrma/HH. All I'm saying is, if JD can respond to his live stream, then why couldn't he respond before?

No you didn't say it, but I did. I have my opinions, just like you and everyone else on this topic, but I'm not hating on Arrma/HH. All I'm saying is, if JD can respond to his live stream, then why couldn't he respond before?
That was a mistake on both sides, vas shouldn’t have done a live stream about it and JD should’ve just stayed quiet if they were done with him.

IMO, the free stuff you get in RC is not really worth the time & effort and the compromises/expectations from the vendor.

Many of the criticisms Vas had with the K8S can be applied to the K6S. It's not hard to bend a K6S chassis. I've bent more than a few. The plastic chassis braces break on any decent size jump. The electronics are near maxed on the 6S as well. The Talion 6S out of the box speed is 40 something mph. It's a speed truggy for God's sake. Go back and find one of his reviews that mentions any of this in a way he presented it on the 8S. Good luck.

The only reason you got the "honest" review on the K8S is because he was bent out of shape that he missed out on all the views he could have had if the truck didn't go out of service for as long as it did. He was unhappy with the way Arrma/HH handled trying to fix his FREE truck and he wanted his pound of flesh. Well he got it (go read the comments on that video) and HH decided to cut ties. Did he really need HH to spell it out to him? And if there was any chance of saving the relationship, he destroyed that with this latest train wreck of a video. Hopefully this passes soon and we can stop focusing on poor Vas and get back to the Arrma products.

I really don't see this as news. I knew he was persona non grata to Arrma after he lambasted the Kraton 8S in his video review. This was AFTER breaking the NDA. If I was HH/Arrma I would have done the same thing. They probably could have worked past the NDA violation but following it up with a video calling the K8S the worst vehicle in the Arrma lineup was the kiss of death. If he didn't see this coming than I really feel sorry for him.
I am glad you have the confidence to say it like you see it, good on you mate.

As long as you are in US, HH support seems to be great. If you have to deal with HH Europe, aka Staufenbiel Germany, it's a whole different story.

I really enjoyed Vas' reviews and he was a great ambassador for Arrma, imho.
I believe he did, probably someone giving him a heads up to check the stream rant ... he even gives "support" on facebook recently ...

My feelings on this are mixed, the professional stuff needs to be resolved, the company needs to just say what they think, even if it's a legal statement that basically says it's game over. The thing that concerns me in all this is the person himself, Vas. No matter what you think of his style or his decision to do the wrong thing, he is a real person with a family and he has dedicated a lot of his life to Arrma. If you're that invested in something and it gets taken away it's going to hurt, but if he was targeted by others online and mistreated with personal attacks, that's not ok. We all expect that these guys get bad comments and so on, but if the statements Vas made are true about people recommending he end his life, I've got to say no amount of free cars makes that worth it.

Yeah, and the implicit message of that statement? (@ bicketybam) Be honest and you’re screwed.
That’s just scummy...

if the Kraton 8S is crap, and he said it, good on ‘em..

Yeah, and the implicit message of that statement? Be honest and you’re screwed.
Scummy...
its always been the same message: don't bite the hand that feeds you. with a rant like this your termination is 100% secured employee, ambassador or whatsoever related or just supported - its a nail in the coffin.

I agree. It’s a vicious circle. Get freebies, can’t be honest. Be honest, no more freebies.

I agree. It’s a vicious circle. Get freebies, can’t be honest. Be honest, no more freebies.
I don't think this is necessarily true - I know plenty of other areas where people receive samples to review and clearly state so, slag them off and ask for improvements as the manufacturer wants true feedback - most often pre-production devices before poop is hitting the fan in the public and even more so often with comments at the end of the review where the manufacturer already committed to change the product by the time it hits the street ... different strategy and surely business - not sure how you could do that with RC due to volume, moulds and parts that need to be produced at high prices and in volume to get production runs going etc ...

Lol HH's approach to 'addressing' the K8S was a good demonstration of how much they care about their customers.

Oh we snuck out a new version, didnt tell anyone. So it's a lucky dip whether you get one of the improved builds or not. We don't really care. Huh? Oh you want the upgraded bits? Sorry they're not available in your country. Maybe we'll offer you a discount on them, if we decide to sell them there. Maybe not. Whatever. Nah don't bother asking the local store what the deal is because we didnt bother telling them either.

Breaking an NDA is definitely sufficient cause to end the relationship. Not going to disagree with that. Although, if jaytee also broke an NDA and continued his relationship with them, I don't see this being the sole reason. JD did imply that the broken NDA and the live stream caused this.

The bad review, sure, HH didn't like that. However, a reply to him is the least they could've done. Regardless of why they decided to end it, they could've replied to his inquiries. If I was going to end a relationship with someone, whether it's professional or personal, I'd certainly tell them, rather than leave them wondering.

What Vas did in this video.. WOW!

Emotions all over the place.. And still.. He didnt call (guy in the UK) out by name..
If it were me? I would have named him.. No doubt..

Dearden was watching it live? And was posting in chat?
This is the time stamp where Dearden finally chimed in.

I don't think this is necessarily true - I know plenty of other areas where people receive samples to review and clearly state so, slag them off and ask for improvements as the manufacturer wants true feedback - most often pre-production devices before poop is hitting the fan in the public and even more so often with comments at the end of the review where the manufacturer already committed to change the product by the time it hits the street ... different strategy and surely business - not sure how you could do that with RC due to volume, moulds and parts that need to be produced at high prices and in volume to get production runs going etc ...

If you didn’t pay for it your experience of it is fundamentally different. There is a huge difference between “reviewing” something you got for free, and deciding to plunk down 600 of your own hard earned bucks for a toy car..

As I have mentioned before, I don't like the whole system of freebie "reviews", however being honest ARCP's Kraton reviews going back years played a big role in my finally deciding to get one. So yeah, some can be better than others. All these other guys with tons of upgrades launching 50 feet etc etc.. don't mean much to me.

Last edited:
If you didn’t pay for it your experience of it is fundamentally different. There is a huge difference between “reviewing” something you got for free, and deciding to plunk down 600 of your own hard earned bucks for a toy car..

As I have mentioned before, I don't like the whole system of freebie "reviews", however being honest ARCP's Kraton reviews going back years played a big role in my finally deciding to get one. So yeah, some can be better than others. All these other guys with tons of upgrades launching 50 feet etc etc.. don't mean much to me.
I would agree. I prefer looking at reviews from people who paid for the cars themselves. Freebie-reviews might still be good, but I think there is a lot of subconscious bias going on if a company gifts you the stuff. You are worried about how your review will affect your relationship with them, you are worried about being too lenient in the eyes of your viewers, and so on.

The (i assume) most popular German RC youtubers mostly buy the cars they feature in their videos. I don't enjoy their style of videos much, but I feel they give some pretty thorough and balanced insights.

Those guys seem to just sell most of the cars they test, and I have seen some on ebay in the past. With a signature and personalized greeting thrown in, fans are willing to pay a good price.

I think this is an awesome way of doing YouTube content without cooperating with a manufacturer and without loosing a lot of money on cars. Of course, you will never be the first to have a review of a new car up online. And you don't end up with a fleet like Vas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back