Typhon Poor radio signal now stripped screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butchmeister

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi wanted to try check the aerial as getting poor signal undid the screws on the boxed etc and servo wouldn’t come out tried the ones underneath and stripped one of Allen heads! How do you remove them easily?? Use a torx or something?? Also how do you get to aerial lead to check it

I cant see how you need to get the servo our to check the aerial.
If you remove the top cover cant you access the receiver with the aerial? you might need to remove the antenna tube. there's a small set screw that holds it.

As for the stripped screw, you can use a center punch like it's shown here:

And always use a bit of heat before trying to remove any fasteners that go into metal, as they’re loctited. Tip of a soldering iron, or small torch on aluminum chassis screws, etc. Otherwise it’s easy to strip them.

And always use a bit of heat before trying to remove any fasteners that go into metal, as they’re loctited. Tip of a soldering iron, or small torch on aluminum chassis screws, etc. Otherwise it’s easy to strip them.
he's referring to the 4x4 cars, which (apart from the driveshafts) don't use any loctite

I see that now, my bad. I’ve never had (or heard of) people stripping too many screws on the plastic chassis cars. Maybe the OP has some pretty bad hex drivers. MIP for the win!

I see that now, my bad. I’ve never had (or heard of) people stripping too many screws on the plastic chassis cars. Maybe the OP has some pretty bad hex drivers. MIP for the win!
Op mip? Had some mud in screw and prob a poor tool didn’t help :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back