Vorteks Poor traction and control over rough grass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chef22

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m new to higher end rc vehicles. Besides improving my driving skills is there anyway to help my vorteks gain better traction and control while bombing around my yard? It spins on the tires and can be erratic to control. I’ve definitely thrilled down a lot but don’t want to have to drive at 50/75 throttle just to control it.

Any advice is welcome.

Stock tires are going to be bad on anything longer than putting green grass. Try bigger knobbies like Badlands or Duratrax Six-Packs. You can also try loosening your slipper 1/4-1/2 turn.

Welcome to the forum!

Throttle control is your friend, remember it is linear, not a switch. Beyond that, tyre selection helps but I don't know much about the Vorteks platform. Maybe backflip LPs?

But yeah man, throttle control and drive the car don't let it drive you

How tall is the grass? 3s rigs aren't heavy, so if the grass isn't short it will have a little tougher time putting down grip. Are you running stock tires? If the grass is short, a different set of tires might be better for the surface you are on. Lots of good tire options for 3s rigs from Proline, Duratrax, Powerhobby, and others.

edit: Lol, thats what I love about this board, look how quick a bunch of good replies showed up!

Hang on to the Vorteks for sentimental reasons and get yourself a 6s rig. I personally recommend a Kraton v5 it will eat your grass.

Drunk Ken Marino GIF by Party Down

How tall is the grass? 3s rigs aren't heavy, so if the grass isn't short it will have a little tougher time putting down grip. Are you running stock tires? If the grass is short, a different set of tires might be better for the surface you are on. Lots of good tire options for 3s rigs from Proline, Duratrax, Powerhobby, and others.

edit: Lol, thats what I love about this board, look how quick a bunch of good replies showed up!
Still stock everything. Hard enough getting the grass cut as it is.

Tires are cheaper then gas so I’ll swap out the tires instead of cutting the grass an extra.

I’m open to suggests, if any has any

Thanks

Still stock everything. Hard enough getting the grass cut as it is.

Tires are cheaper then gas so I’ll swap out the tires instead of cutting the grass an extra.

I’m open to suggests, if any has any

Thanks

It's too bad nobody suggested any tires.

Stock tires are going to be bad on anything longer than putting green grass. Try bigger knobbies like Badlands or Duratrax Six-Packs. You can also try loosening your slipper 1/4-1/2 turn.
Thanks for the recommendations. Have you used the badlands? I see the have different bolt ons for different hex sizes. Curious if the hold up or if that becomes a different wear and tire item.

Sometimes you just gotta go through life not worrying about every little thing.

Dose the vortex have AVC?

Being short and narrow is definitely a hand full. Throttle control and steering is the key.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back